Colgan

I'm sure you were being sarcastic, but I'll say it anyway...there is no such thing as a perfect pilot.

Like it or not, the media made a huge issue about failed check rides. We all know a failed PPL ride is NO big deal, or that a failed CFI initial ride is almost the norm. However your average sheeple watching the news does not know that, all they now is some guy who failed a check ride crashed a plane.

I'll bet it won't be just colgan looking for people who have never failed a ride.

Had an FNG today sitting jumpseat doing observation flights before IOE, he said 2 people were removed from class after Colgan found out one had failed his PPL without telling Colgan and one failed his CFI twice, but told Colgan only once.

Im glad they are doing this.

My guess is a small fleet and only a few destinations. Flying VFR to the same 4-5 places gets old real quick.

We fly vfr/ifr to the same handful of places too. It's a little more than 4-5 but not much my friend. At least for now in iad and the ne outstations. Who knows how many places we will be going to in a year or so from now when we start taking the new Q deliveries... But for right now it gets REALLY boring heading to the same 11 or so outstations:insane:. note: talking about SF340 not the EWR/ IAH Q stuff

I emailed a resume and Chuck Colgan responded and asked me to fill out online app. then to get in touch with Ashley Hodges. I've done so and it has been a couple days, but no word back. Wonder if that was a good thing?'

Well after all of that. I got an interview with Colgan on the 24th, but I really started to think about it. I just can't do it. I would rather keep instructing. 18k a year is not enough for me to relocate to the east coast....I'll just keep waiting for other regionals to start hiring. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

Well after all of that. I got an interview with Colgan on the 24th, but I really started to think about it. I just can't do it. I would rather keep instructing. 18k a year is not enough for me to relocate to the east coast....I'll just keep waiting for other regionals to start hiring. I hope I didn't make a mistake.

You did not make a mistake.

I'd recommend still doing the interview. You will learn a lot about yourself and the interview process. You don't want to wait until the job you really want opens up before getting some interview experience. Worry about not accepting the offer when you actually get an offer...

I emailed a resume and Chuck Colgan responded and asked me to fill out online app. then to get in touch with Ashley Hodges. I've done so and it has been a couple days, but no word back. Wonder if that was a good thing?'

Interesting...unless we have two, she is a dash 8 flight attendant. I havent seen her around for a bit so I wonder if she is doing something else in the company now.

Interesting...unless we have two, she is a dash 8 flight attendant. I havent seen her around for a bit so I wonder if she is doing something else in the company now.

Geez, I don't even work there anymore and I knew that! You probably don't know that DJ a former BWI/EWR FA who collected all the hotel mini lotions/shampoos, etc. for a woman's shelter a couple of years back is a ground instructor in MEM now. :D

Hey didnt I read on these boards a couple of months ago that the CEO of Pinnacle said first officers will make $24,000 per year?

I would still go to the interview, but moneys a little tight right now. I know I'll find something. Even if it's not flying.

Hey didnt I read on these boards a couple of months ago that the CEO of Pinnacle said first officers will make $24,000 per year?

We are getting a raise?

Qgar...I actually did know DJ is at MEM now as a director of something or other. Someone said the other day though that they thought she got fired but no one had any clue. I guess that is how rumors get started.

We are getting a raise?

Qgar...I actually did know DJ is at MEM now as a director of something or other. Someone said the other day though that they thought she got fired but no one had any clue. I guess that is how rumors get started.

That may be true, since I saw an opening for a FA ground instructor so.....:dunno:

I would still go to the interview, but moneys a little tight right now. I know I'll find something. Even if it's not flying.

Yeah, I know that must be pretty frustrating. Are you able to move out of the bay area? Sometimes these low time 135 jobs pop up, and I wonder if that might be an option for you?

Back