Colgan

CaptainDeLay

Has anyone recently had an interview with Colgan? Does anyone have a phone number for human resources? I know it's sad that I want to go to colgan.

Has anyone recently had an interview with Colgan? Does anyone have a phone number for human resources? I know it's sad that I want to go to colgan.

I moved to this section.

First off, you might not want to ask for help on one hand and then say it's sad on the other.

2nd, Welcome to JC!

I did my airlineapps application. I guess I'll just hurry up and wait. Thanks for the info. Sorry for the post in the wrong section.

No worries. Happens WAY more than people realize. At least you didn't send us an angry email about your post being erased when it was simply moved! ;)

umm honest question...if you thinks it's sad that you want to go to Colgan, why are you doing so then???

you should go to a company you want to work for, not just a company you can get into, IMO. Lots of companies out there, lots of avenues to try! you should look into them or ask about them. :)

umm honest question...if you thinks it's sad that you want to go to Colgan, why are you doing so then???

you should go to a company you want to work for, not just a company you can get into, IMO. Lots of companies out there, lots of avenues to try! you should look into them or ask about them. :)

Because he's over qualified for the job, he'd be taking a sizeable pay cut to go there, and it will be an eternity before he'd upgrade to captain at Colgan.:D

We all know how the pilot market is right now. I just reached ATP mins, and Colgan is the only place that's actively hiring right now. I know the pay is not the greatest, but I don't plan making Colgan a Career. While Colgan might not be a good place for some it does offer many opportunities for others. I've been a full time CFI for over two years, and I just want to do something different. I also applied to Amflight. Thank for HR's number.

We all know how the pilot market is right now. I just reached ATP mins, and Colgan is the only place that's actively hiring right now. I know the pay is not the greatest, but I don't plan making Colgan a Career. While Colgan might not be a good place for some it does offer many opportunities for others. I've been a full time CFI for over two years, and I just want to do something different. I also applied to Amflight. Thank for HR's number.

It's not sad that you want to work for Colgan.

It's sad that the management of that airline would run things so that anyone would ever NOT want to work there. THAT'S sad.

That being said, it's certainly not for everyone. Make sure the day-to-day life there is really what you want- do the homework.

Kristie I am surprised you would post that. Idealistically, you are right. But you must know by now many people in aviation take jobs to get the experience, not necessarily because they found a company where they could self-actualize. This occurs in a GOOD economy, never mind the one we have now where there are very limited options. In the aviation world, right now, there are not alot of avenues and not many companies(hiring).

Your profile says you are from California. I hope you ran the numbers for commuting or living on the east coast.

Commute to the east coast? Or live in the bay area and fly out of OAK with AMF. Sounds like you DON'T want to work at Colgan. What are you career plans?

I had many plans, but now I'm not too sure. I want to get the pic turbine time eventually. I have heard that Ameriflight is a decent company to work for, but if Colgan calls it would be a better way to go over amflight (more safe, CRM turbine time). Commuting for Colgan would be too much. I would probably have to get a crash pad. I will also have to run the numbers....guess I'll see what happends. It's out of my hands now...I applied.

CaptainDeLay, I would think about making a permenant move to the east coast if you decide Colgan is the place for you. The 5 on 2 off reserve schedule which you will most likely get is not too easy on the cross country commute. I live in Los Angeles and I can tell you from experience. Just a helpful hint.

CaptainDeLay, I would think about making a permenant move to the east coast if you decide Colgan is the place for you. The 5 on 2 off reserve schedule which you will most likely get is not too easy on the cross country commute. I live in Los Angeles and I can tell you from experience. Just a helpful hint.

I would concur with amorris311. I hope you will think carefully about your choice of airlines when you send out your resume. Go to a company that you wouldn't mind spending a significant amount of time at, just in case you have to.

I'll also add, most crash pads get pissed if you are there full time... (5 on 2 off) is pretty much full time. Add in the times you miss commute, and you may end up paying more. I guess iah wouldn't be "that" bad for you at least.

Back