Colgan

As for hiring into the Q...unless they want a battle with ALPA and the pilot group there will not be new hires going into a Q class. We just had a vacancy put out for Q FOs and in early May when that bid closes there are still vacancies for the Q then there will be new hires going to Q class. Until pilots on the current seniority list who bit the Q are given a seat do not expect to see a single new hire in training.

Hate to do this buddy BUT, after the LAST bid they ran there were vacancies in the Q400. Basically, everyone on property who wanted to transition to the FO seat was given a class date and then they still had openings.

Soooo, new hires WILL be going to the Q400. Trust me I know someone who was watching this closely :)

Hate to do this buddy BUT, after the LAST bid they ran there were vacancies in the Q400. Basically, everyone on property who wanted to transition to the FO seat was given a class date and then they still had openings.

Soooo, new hires WILL be going to the Q400. Trust me I know someone who was watching this closely :)

Good to know...ill eat my "typed" words.

For the record, I have no problem with new hires going into any airframe. The only problem I had would be if we had 2 year FOs with 900 hours who want the Q400 not getting the seat while they hire FOs with 2000 hours in Q400's already into the plane. As long as the current guys on the list have their shot then fill the vacancies as they arise.

I am afraid that, because I haven't updated my standing bid like 15 times this year, and before every vacancy award, that I will be displaced to iah parts clerk, or iad administrative assistant...

Goodness the "update" your bid memo's are annoying. What's the point of a standing bid, if it doesn't stand till u change it?

I am afraid that, because I haven't updated my standing bid like 15 times this year, and before every vacancy award, that I will be displaced to iah parts clerk, or iad administrative assistant...

Goodness the "update" your bid memo's are annoying. What's the point of a standing bid, if it doesn't stand till u change it?

Because believe it or not... most people are idiots.

I remember the last bid there were a surprisingly high number of people who didn't bid. Then after bids closed, we were flooded with emails on an explanation as to why people didn't get what they wanted.

Its amazing how many people cant seem to understand the process, or how many people still try to treat Colgan like old Colgan and think they can just call someone up and change bases.

Anyone else having trouble getting a response from Sara? I was invited to the interview on April 30th but I havent recieved a response from Sara to get the details. I tried calling and left a voicemail as well. Any suggestions?

I was, until they saw the DUI on my airline apps. Mr. Colgan called and told me I had to wait until it was 5 years old. Hopefully next year. Good luck to all you going.

I was, until they saw the DUI on my airline apps. Mr. Colgan called and told me I had to wait until it was 5 years old. Hopefully next year. Good luck to all you going.

I sat down, drank some coffee and chatted with him for about 30 minutes.

He's a pretty straightforward guy under a lot of scrutiny because of the accident.

I kind of figured on both those points. It was cool that he called though. I didn't argue about it or try to convince him to make an exception. Hopefully he didn't take that as I really don't care, I just know how big a mistake it was so when people say no I kind of just move on. But next year will be 5 so hopefully I can get in then.

Chuck is very straightforward. I met him at a career event last weekend and I started talking up an applicant. He was like "Hold on, hold on son." pulled up his application and then he said, "Alright, go ahead". I think he's the real deal who will give you a straightforward answer.

Back