Colgan

I was told on Wednesday that I was invited to the July 6-7 interviews, and Chuck said I would receive that interview packet email "in a few days". When has everybody gotten their information? I just hope I haven't been forgotten.

When I went I didn't get my packet until a week or so before class started. Ended up being plenty of time anyway. If you don't see it a week from now I'd call and ask.

I just got a call to do a phone screening for a possible interview for July 6/7. Any pointers?

From the people already there, it sounds like run........run for your life from the place.

Above the door:

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

On a serious note, for those that have the ATP written or rating complete, do they still have to take the written test?

Above the door:

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

On a serious note, for those that have the ATP written or rating complete, do they still have to take the written test?

I was certain the sign had a skull and crossbones on it with the saying "Surrender ye booty." But I may have been mistaken....

Chuck made a big deal out of why I didn't have my ATP written done during my HR portion of the interview. Get it done but I'm not sure about having to take the written since I didn't have mine done prior.

I was certain the sign had a skull and crossbones on it with the saying "Surrender ye booty." But I may have been mistaken....

:)

On the Dante theme, the first layer of hell would be for the magnanimous individuals that applied for the job but turned it down after the interview.

The second layer of hell would be ready reserve. The poor souls have to sit at the terminal all day and sleep there all night (since they can't afford an apartment). Every once and a while they will call the soul to a gate to take a flight, but when he gets there the plane is gone. A great wailing and gnashing of teeth...

Layer 3 could be ready reserve out of Newark, but I will leave it to you guys to get us to the ninth plane of hell... ;)

Lets see, work for an airline who does not allow jump seat other then their own aircraft? No thank you. Ill stick with traffic flying. I still make more and come home at night! :rotfl:

I have been playing insurance agent for the past 8 months selling Medicare to seniors... I'm ready to fly again and if it takes me going to Colgan to get back into it then who cares? Sure its going to suck the first few years but I am looking at the bigger picture. Ive been looking for flying for the past 8 months but have come up empty handed. Any other ideas on where someone with my "qualifications" should go?????????

And i wonder why the Airline pilot career is on it's demise in this country? :dunno:

Lets see, work for an airline who does not allow jump seat other then their own aircraft? No thank you. Ill stick with traffic flying. I still make more and come home at night! :rotfl:
Im not sure if your talking about Colgan or not here but Colgan pilots can jumpseat on just about any major or regional, We also get pass benefits on United no matter where you are based. As well as pass benefits on Continental or US Airways depending on where you are based.

The United benefits are actually REALLY good because you can add a friend to your pass benefits and they fly for tax only. Not many places do that.

Of course I only just finished my first week in the schoolhouse so take what im saying with a grain of salt.

On a side note, learning about the whole Mesaba thing on day 3 of ground school made things sort of interesting. Especially considering we have a Mesaba furloughee in the class...

Im not sure if your talking about Colgan or not here but Colgan pilots can jumpseat on just about any major or regional, We also get pass benefits on United no matter where you are based. As well as pass benefits on Continental or US Airways depending on where you are based.

The United benefits are actually REALLY good because you can add a friend to your pass benefits and they fly for tax only. Not many places do that.

Of course I only just finished my first week in the schoolhouse so take what im saying with a grain of salt.

On a side note, learning about the whole Mesaba thing on day 3 of ground school made things sort of interesting. Especially considering we have a Mesaba furloughee in the class...

I was referring to Colgan. The information i have is directly from a Colgan Hire that ended up working for PSA instead. I Have another friend who currently works for United, flying CRJ's out of IAD and he seems quite happy.

I was referring to Colgan. The information i have is directly from a Colgan Hire that ended up working for PSA instead. I Have another friend who currently works for United, flying CRJ's out of IAD and he seems quite happy.

The "Colgan Hire" misspoke. Colgan is CASS and reciprocal with anyone I can think of.

The "Colgan Hire" misspoke. Colgan is CASS and reciprocal with anyone I can think of.

Or TopGunn misheard what the "Colgan Hire" said... or simply didn't understand the context under which the information was being relayed. If we can't jumpseat I am in a world of hurt when it comes time for me to commute back to work.:D

In another thread you said you are just getting your commercial ticket in a few days. In this one you say you fly traffic watch...which is it? or is this a typo?
:dunno:

In another thread you said you are just getting your commercial ticket in a few days. In this one you say you fly traffic watch...which is it? or is this a typo?
:dunno:

I am referring to finding the traffic position instead of applying for Colgan.

Or TopGunn misheard what the "Colgan Hire" said... or simply didn't understand the context under which the information was being relayed. If we can't jumpseat I am in a world of hurt when it comes time for me to commute back to work.:D

I may have misheard. But as far as the information was relayed to me, i am under the impression Colgan is currently hurting as far as pilots. Many of the pilots have either left or plan on leaving considering benefit package, jump seat issue, SIC time, etc etc. Also, i have looked at the pay rate these pilots get paid on their first 3 years which is not much more then what a traffic or pipeline patrol pilot makes. Or in some cases only half of what the pilots make at other private flying jobs.

With no commercial ticket, 500 hours and 5 ME you shouldnt have to worry too much about working at Colgan.

Back