Colgan

Im not speaking from experience... but I have a buddy who flies for them and ABSOLUTLY HATES it there.

So bad hes doing everything he can to get out.

I sincerely hope you will move to the Northeast, 'cause just thinking about the commute from SMF to the east coast makes me sick.[/QUOTE]

Yea CRJ, I will. NYC born and raised.....cursed it for 31 years, came out to Central Cali 3 years ago to instruct, and found out right away.....you can take the NYer out of NY, but not NY out of the NYer. So yes, I will go back to the Northeast. Gladly. S'matter of fact the Colgan interview included a home cooked meal and the parents B and B for hotel accomodations.

Funny I met some regional pilots on the 'A' bus at LaGuardia. Seems Im the only person wanting to go to NY.

Just waiting to hear back...

Any idea of future class dates at Colgan? I know they had a June 8th. Looks like a saab class on the 29th. Anyone know of any others?

I'll be going to the July 6-7 interviews. Anybody have any good tips/suggestions for the interview or hotel?

I'll be going to the July 6-7 interviews. Anybody have any good tips/suggestions for the interview or hotel?

Study for there written, you need an 80. Get in a sim for a few hours if you have access to one if you think you might need it. Study the current airplane/last twin you flew. And...enjoy the process!

Can anyone PM me with contact info for either Chuck Colgan himself or Ashley in HR? I've tried e-mailing them both but have yet to get a response back. Like I said in an earlier post I got an e-mail a month ago from Mr. Colgan asking me to fill out an app on AirlineApps which I had already done but haven't heard anything since. A PM would be great! Thanks all! Good luck out there!

The ATP written isn't required for the interview. However, you need to have it completed before you start training

Ok ,so it is or it isn't mqndatory? Which one is it for the interview.

I would highly recommend getting it done prior to the interview, as there will be a written test based on the ATP during your interview. A surprisingly large amount of people didn't pass (80% score required).

It was not a requirement when I was hired....HOWEVER..

Since I did not have time to study for the Colgan test I decided to kill two birds with one expensive stone. Interview was on (lets say Tuesday) so I drove to Trenton on Monday and did the 8 hour long want to kill yourself ATP prep and took the test with a 90 at the end of the day. After the test I drove to LGA and got a hotel. Woke up the next morning and went to the interview and took the Colgan test without issue. Had I known, I would have not studied, failed the test and been booted from the interview. I then would have gotten a job at best buy and would have been better off than where I am today with nothing lost except for two thousand hours of SIC time.

Note: Little did I know that if you already had your ATP written at that time you were exempt from the Colgan test, oh well.

I was told on Wednesday that I was invited to the July 6-7 interviews, and Chuck said I would receive that interview packet email "in a few days". When has everybody gotten their information? I just hope I haven't been forgotten.

Back