Colgan

I may have misheard. But as far as the information was relayed to me, i am under the impression Colgan is currently hurting as far as pilots. Many of the pilots have either left or plan on leaving considering benefit package, jump seat issue, SIC time, etc etc. Also, i have looked at the pay rate these pilots get paid on their first 3 years which is not much more then what a traffic or pipeline patrol pilot makes. Or in some cases only half of what the pilots make at other private flying jobs.

Everything except the pay rates and benefit package you listed are totally wrong.

Upgrade time at Colgan is hovering at 2-3 years right now, which is better than most other regionals. I am guessing that is what you meant when you said people are upset about SIC time...

From what we are being told in ground school (I am week in), We have jumpseat agreements with most other airlines including the majors. Current pilots that I have spoken to have had zero issues with the jumpseat. And yes we are in CASS. Also the pass benefits we get on our mainline partners seems to be pretty good, I havent actually used them yet though of course.

Yes the medical benefits package that I got seems to suck, but its better than my last airline.

As far as poeple leaving, I wouldnt know about that. I dont think they are hurting for pilots as they seem to be turning quite a few folks down in the interview stage. Perhaps I am wrong, I really couldnt tell you for sure as I am not on the line yet.

Yes the pay rates are horrible, Yes the medical benefits seem to suck. But ALPA was just recently voted in, give them time to get some kind of contract.

I am not defending Colgan by any means, but if your going to trash a company atleast use actual facts and not made up facts that your "friend" told you.

Everything except the pay rates and benefit package you listed are totally wrong.

Upgrade time at Colgan is hovering at 2-3 years right now, which is better than most other regionals. I am guessing that is what you meant when you said people are upset about SIC time...

From what we are being told in ground school (I am week in), We have jumpseat agreements with most other airlines including the majors. Current pilots that I have spoken to have had zero issues with the jumpseat. And yes we are in CASS. Also the pass benefits we get on our mainline partners seems to be pretty good, I havent actually used them yet though of course.

Yes the medical benefits package that I got seems to suck, but its better than my last airline.

As far as poeple leaving, I wouldnt know about that. I dont think they are hurting for pilots as they seem to be turning quite a few folks down in the interview stage. Perhaps I am wrong, I really couldnt tell you for sure as I am not on the line yet.

Yes the pay rates are horrible, Yes the medical benefits seem to suck. But ALPA was just recently voted in, give them time to get some kind of contract.

I am not defending Colgan by any means, but if your going to trash a company atleast use actual facts and not made up facts that your "friend" told you.

Thanks for clarifying. The thing is you are only a week into the training. I would like to talk to you when you are 6-12 months in to the service.
Again, i mentioned what i have heard, seen and read. As you can see by my experience, i shouldn't even be thrashing a company considering i don't even fly for living yet.

Thanks for clarifying. The thing is you are only a week into the training. I would like to talk to you when you are 6-12 months in to the service.
Again, i mentioned what i have heard, seen and read. As you can see by my experience, i shouldn't even be thrashing a company considering i don't even fly for living yet.

Ehhh... I am coming up on two years with Colgan and he is pretty much spot on... pay needs to come up... pass travel on Continental needs to be fixed badly... health bennies could be much better but are relatively better than my last employer.... schedules and staffing need to improve.... I have moved up 55 spots in almost two years so not all that many people are leaving. I would anticipate fewer people will leave now unless they have mainline jobs waiting for them. Colgan could be a good place to work once a contract is in place... hopefully it happens prior to integration... but thats just hope.

Hey Anthony! Jerry (from your former employer) says hello and told me to wish you luck in ground school!

You are waaaaay off on the pass benefits. Don't come to the CAL side if you want decent benefits. SA5 with resetting seniority every year.

You are waaaaay off on the travel benefits. Try SA5 with a resetting seniority every year on the CAL side.

You are waaaaay off on the travel benefits. Try SA5 with a resetting seniority every year on the CAL side.

One of the many things that need to be changed ASAP.... I am very aggravated that the spouse of a ramper on leisure travel, hired a year after me, takes precedence when I am trying to get to/from work... not a whole lot any of us can do until management understands that this is a slap in the face for their employees.

One of the many things that need to be changed ASAP.... I am very aggravated that the spouse of a ramper on leisure travel, hired a year after me, takes precedence when I am trying to get to/from work... not a whole lot any of us can do until management understands that this is a slap in the face for their employees.

You do understand the management group you are dealing with has been in negotiations with your 9E brethren for over 1,000 days... Right?

Has anybody heard anything about travel arrangements to get to the July 6-7 interviews? Because I emailed Ashley back and said I wanted the interview, but I haven't heard anything and the clock is still ticking.

Anybody?

I would call Ashley first thing tomorrow morning. You should have gotten your eticket and instructions a couple days ago atleast. There is a big packet of paperwork to fill out and copies to make etc, even if you got them tomorrow you would be pretty rushed to get it all done.

Has anybody heard anything about travel arrangements to get to the July 6-7 interviews? Because I emailed Ashley back and said I wanted the interview, but I haven't heard anything and the clock is still ticking.

Anybody?

Are they doing interviews in Memphis? Drive man..

Yeah it would be ballin' if they did interview in Memphis. But I don't even live in Nashville right now. I am actually in the process of moving back from D.C. and am crossing my fingers that I would be based in IAD if I get hired. How hard would it be to commute? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of flight between BNA-IAD.

Yeah it would be ballin' if they did interview in Memphis. But I don't even live in Nashville right now. I am actually in the process of moving back from D.C. and am crossing my fingers that I would be based in IAD if I get hired. How hard would it be to commute? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of flight between BNA-IAD.

IF you call two 50 seat ERJs and one CRJ-700 a lot then I guess it is a lot.

Shows what I know. However, the idea of those flights happening seemed logical to me considering they are relatively busy areas

I just got an email to ask if I was available for the 21st and 22nd from Chuck but it was addressed: "Dear Tom,". My name is Dave. Not sure if its a mistake.

Back