Biz Jet Accident - Fatal 8 - 17 Aug 2023

It was called "The Zoo" and it was a 5 gallon pail of ice cream and treats delivered on a WWII style stretcher by a bunch of overly exuberant young employees. When you were poor as a young kid and you got invited to a birthday party at Farrells or Chuck E. Cheese you thought you'd made it into the cool kids club.

Edit to add: I think the last time I witnessed these things the young men carrying the stretcher were wearing hard hats with rotating beacons on top.

They also had a smaller one called, if I remember right, the pig sty or something like that. You got a ribbon if you finished it all. The staff all dressed up in old timey outfits that looked like barber shop quartet uniforms. And every Farrell’s had a candy and trinket store where the cashier was located. Used to get to go there every so often as a kid.

They also had a smaller one called, if I remember right, the pig sty or something like that. You got a ribbon if you finished it all. The staff all dressed up in old timey outfits that looked like barber shop quartet uniforms. And every Farrell’s had a candy and trinket store where the cashier was located. Used to get to go there every so often as a kid.
Were you ever not cool?

Maybe Marcus Lemonis will relaunch.
I hope it comes back. I think it's the sort of thing that people remember from their youth with a sense of nostalgia. The last few times I've heard anything about Chuck E. Cheese it's been "adults" getting rowdy and tearing the place up. When I was in my 20s we'd all lament about people not keeping their kids in check, now those kids are parents and they're likely to start pounding on each other. That's why I'm more likely to be found at home rather than out and about. Life lessons learned the hard way.

haha man, I had forgotten most of the details about the Farrell's experience, but thanks for jogging my memory. It was a great place as a 5 year old

The other day I was talking to a young coworker, he has a side hustle working on some GA stuff, and he started talking about adding an oil cooler on a small experimental airplane and my ears perked up. His plan to solve the airplanes issue, in my eyes, seemed to have some inherent flaws, He almost stepped on his jimmy. He has no idea what I've done regarding making airplanes go fast, but he was willing to listen. I ended up telling him something I was told a long time ago "The longest distance between two points is a shortcut.". I don't trust this kid yet, but at least he's enthusiastic.

I hope it comes back. I think it's the sort of thing that people remember from their youth with a sense of nostalgia. The last few times I've heard anything about Chuck E. Cheese it's been "adults" getting rowdy and tearing the place up. When I was in my 20s we'd all lament about people not keeping their kids in check, now those kids are parents and they're likely to start pounding on each other. That's why I'm more likely to be found at home rather than out and about. Life lessons learned the hard way.

Chuck E Cheese self-destructed. Bad pizza, mediocre entertainment for kids, sad beer-drinking dads on their visitation weekend.

Gattitown does a better job at that price point.

Farrell’s could succeed at a higher price point in nice areas.

Chuck E Cheese self-destructed. Bad pizza, mediocre entertainment for kids, sad beer-drinking dads on their visitation weekend.

Gattitown does a better job at that price point.

Farrell’s could succeed at a higher price point in nice areas.

When I finally upgraded, my SO got me a Fudgy the Whale from Carvel.

One of the best surprises ever!

1692743987374.png

A tad steep bank angle, no?
Well it's more the lack of altitude

A tad steep bank angle, no?

It is astonishing how many airmen don’t understand the relationship between Vso and load factor. Way too many meat servos rely on the comfort of being in the green on the airspeed tape and assuming that protects them from a stall. One of my favorite and most serious lessons to teach during a spin session in an aerobatic airplane is accelerated stalls. The students always display a false sense of security while in the green, then I’d increase the wing loading and wha-bam! We’re inverted and they’re speechless.

Date:17-AUG-2023
Time:c. 14:49
Type:
Silhouette image of generic PRM1 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Raytheon 390 Premier I
Owner/operator:Jetvalet Sdn Bhd
MSN:RB-97
Fatalities:Fatalities: 8 / Occupants: 8
Other fatalities:2
Aircraft damage:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
Category:Accident
Location:near Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (SZB/WMSA), Elmina, Selangor -
9M.gif
Malaysia
Phase:Approach
Nature:Private
Departure airport:Langkawi Airport (LGK/WMKL)
Destination airport:Kuala Lumpur-Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (SZB/WMSA)
Confidence Rating:
CR3.svg
Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
On August 17, 2023, at about 1449 local time, a Beechcraft 390 Premier 1 jet, N28JV, was destroyed when it impacted a highway while on approach to Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport (SZB/WMSA), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The two pilots, six passengers and two people on the ground perished in the accident.

Preliminary information indicates that the aircraft first contacted the SZB ATC at 1447 local time, a landing clearance was given at 1448, and three minutes later, the ATC noticed smoke coming from the crash site. Online photos and a car dashcam indicates the airplane impacted the ground at a high rate of descent, bursting into flames. The wreckage was highly fragmentated and spread over the highway and a wooded area.
Another Premier... zzzz

Back