Atlas future?

I love the plane I fly, and the people I fly with. But as Emu said, management is playing a game and I'm not sure where they are going. If we got a nice contract I'd like to stay here, but I don't think we will. I've been here 2 years, in that time we've made virtually no progress on the CBA and I don't expect anything to change soon. They're only "negotiating" 3 days a month, and I don't think the negotiations are in good faith at all.

I came from XJT when life was terrible, so this is a step up from a regional but I was also a commuting 3 yr reserve FO

I love the plane I fly, and the people I fly with. But as Emu said, management is playing a game and I'm not sure where they are going. If we got a nice contract I'd like to stay here, but I don't think we will. I've been here 2 years, in that time we've made virtually no progress on the CBA and I don't expect anything to change soon. They're only "negotiating" 3 days a month, and I don't think the negotiations are in good faith at all.

I came from XJT when life was terrible, so this is a step up from a regional but I was also a commuting 3 yr reserve FO
Considering they accidentally sent us all an e-mail expressly saying delay delay delay, and they won't even show up to half of the 3 days for the month, I'm not sure how it could be considered good faith.

It's not a step up from a regional, if the regional has flow, or an expectation of moving on in X years.

It's not a step up from a regional, if the regional has flow, or an expectation of moving on in X years.
What I meant to say is that it’s a step up from where I was, not any regional in general. I was at XJT, when I left we were losing planes with no end in sight. We didn’t have a flow, and the CPP was having really poor results when I left. Things turned around, though, but when I left it was absolutely a step up.

Last edited:
Considering they accidentally sent us all an e-mail expressly saying delay delay delay, and they won't even show up to half of the 3 days for the month, I'm not sure how it could be considered good faith.
“Surface negotiations”
Really wish that kind of statement had repercussions.

How is Atlas these days? I may or may not have an offer.
Hiring like mad, I’m not sure for what because we aren’t that understaffed. The countdown to arbitration is ticking so there should be a contract next year, how good it is will be up to the arbitrator

Hiring like mad, I’m not sure for what because we aren’t that understaffed. The countdown to arbitration is ticking so there should be a contract next year, how good it is will be up to the arbitrator
My buddy's been on the 76. Mainly prime air but also germany/middle east

They flew one of their 747s out of MZJ this past Thursday night at 2230. Was a surprise to see. Night takeoffs of large jets out of here are rare indeed. Night landings of same are nearly never done. Very rare to see those.

They flew one of their 747s out of MZJ this past Thursday night at 2230. Was a surprise to see. Night takeoffs of large jets out of here are rare indeed. Night landings of same are nearly never done. Very rare to see those.

I saw N473MC, the one I asked you about a while back, out in HKG the other day. You could hear the groan from the rest of the crew. It’s a turd.

I saw N473MC, the one I asked you about a while back, out in HKG the other day. You could hear the groan from the rest of the crew. It’s a turd.

they’ve been taking a few out of storage here the past few weeks. Most of the Atlas planes here are in soft storage, able to be reactivated fairly quickly. First night takeoff I’ve seen in a long while

they’ve been taking a few out of storage here the past few weeks. Most of the Atlas planes here are in soft storage, able to be reactivated fairly quickly. First night takeoff I’ve seen in a long while

@Screaming_Emu

the best part was, some GA plane came in from PHX from one of the flight schools up there and was wanting to enter the pattern at MZJ for touch and goes. The 747 had been towed from the ramp onto the runway by a tug and backed into position at brick one of the approach end. The 747 crew had made advisements on CTAF that they’re being towed into position on the runway and would be there for about 15 mins prior to takeoff. This GA plane calls up on the CTAF and advises that he’s 5 mins out for touch and goes. And the 747 comes back making a call that they are still in position at the approach end of RW 30 and will be about another 10 mins. The stupid GA plane.....still can’t believe it.....answers back “we’ll just make low approaches then, do you mind if we overfly you?” Seriously?!?!? The 747 crew nicely says “we would prefer not, we’ll only be about another 8 minutes here”. I’m at the north end of the field doing a maintenance run on the taxiway, and hearing all of this on the radio. I finally key up and say “Cessna XXX, Marana airport is 5 miles south with two runways and no one is there.” He comes back with “we’ll just hold on downwind then”. Moron. What a stupid ass question to ask of the 747

It’s funny, earlier in the year they were saying they were parked for good since we couldn’t staff them. Implying that it was because the contract stuff has dragged on for so long.

Back