Am I the only one who hates hearing PA's like this?

Just an FYI many consider it service when you don't make a PA at all. At least my PAX paying 20k for the same trip do. They pay for me to sit down STFU and fly.

Must be great working for people like that. Unfortunately I'm stuck with owners who are easy going, laugh a lot, like to include and be personal with their pilots, and have a great sense of humor, its horrible :biggrin:

Oh wow, Mach .72!

Sorry we can't all be X pilots :cry:

Yes!!

I was one of the few at my company that liked the new idea they came out with last year that the seatbelt sign goes off at 10,000 feet with the sterile light if it's smooth. I've been on a few foreign carriers where it was off with the slats being retracted. That might be a bit early but if there's no indication of bumps passing 10K then what the heck, they're going to get up anyway...no need to be the boy that cried wolf.

Wish we had that here... Just flew a 15 hour pairing where the seatbelt sign was on 14.5 hours.. Smooth air... Drives me nuts. Captains seem to be concerned that they are going to get in a lot of trouble if we hit unexpected turbulence and someone bounces off the ceiling... I'm just doubtful.

Must be great working for people like that. Unfortunately I'm stuck with owners who are easy going, laugh a lot, like to include and be personal with their pilots, and have a great sense of humor, its horrible :biggrin:

Sorry we can't all be X pilots :cry:

Not all do. I have friendly ones that get up and read the placard posted on the emergency exit and ask me questions after I point it out to them. Others who give me the laser stare of dooooom the entire time I give my super short BEEF SUPREME brief. It's up to the PAX and I know this isn't the case on the airlines. I will point out, as ATN_pilot has mentioned, many business travelers consider it a courtesy if you leave them alone.

I'd love to have a good part 91 job. That would be much more my style. One can always dream.

THE worst PA I've ever heard started with the phrase "Hey everybody, this is the captain, I just wanted to say hi..." No exaggeration. I was standing in the lav taking my PDP, thinking "What the hell?" Guy rambled on for 2-3 minutes, talking about his military experience. It was embarrassing.

You haven't been embarrassed until you've flown with one of our captains who plays the harmonica and sings a song on his PA announcement. Every. Frickin'. Leg.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345174942.753266.jpg

You haven't been embarrassed until you've flown with one of our captains who plays the harmonica and sings a song on his PA announcement. Every. Frickin'. Leg.

I jumpsat on that guy's flight. As a matter of fact you were on it as well with me! Remember that?

I dunno, I can scarcely remember ever hearing crews' last names on any flight I've ever been on. It's always been just first names on pretty much any carrier I've ridden.

I don't mind PAs but when the plane has an IFE it pauses my movie and THAT pisses me off to no end.
I hate to say it but it's delta that is the biggest abuser of the pa.

Silence is golden.

On one of our connection partners, we're 20 minutes late, they finally get the door closed and one of the pilots starts this three minute speech about the flight number (already know!), the destination (we ALREADY know!), the flight time (run the bleeping checklist man!)' the possibility of turbulence (OMG, glad you told us!) and the airline name (John Q Public doesn't give a poop whether it's Skywest, Chautaqua or SureJet, start the engines, we're late!)

If you're sorry about the delay, its better to talk about that when the plane is moving so it sounds more sincere. Every minute the parking brake is set after you have your final paperwork is another minute you don't have to enjoy your scotchy scotch in the Crown Room, time to make your connection or a missed parking lot shuttle.

Sent from my TRS-80

I'll second the burrito/American Gladiator's assertion that rich folks don't like the "get to know you" chat. I always said "So we're going here (look for nod of agreement), you do/don't have a rental car waiting (look for nod), there will/won't be turbulence, and it'll take about X. Now Co-Reichsfuhrer Gearsnatcher will give you the safety briefing while I start the engines". It felt like it was appreciated. What's the old saw? "Brevity is the soul of wit".

The company I did some contract work for in ATL bought me a ticket on Aitran to ATL from IND a couple years back. It was a 0600 departure. THAT GUY WAS THE CA on that flight.

The VERY. LAST. THING ANYBODY wants to hear at 0545 in the freaking morning is someone blasting their ears out with a <expletive deleted> harmonica!!!!

It was truly, epically awful. Most of the people around me were cringing or covering their ears. Maybe a couple people were amused or thought it was "cute". Most of us wanted him to STFU and just drive us to ATL.

THAT GUY WAS THE CA on that flight.

The really sad thing is that it's not just "that" guy. There's actually two of them!

It was truly, epically awful. Most of the people around me were cringing or covering their ears. Maybe a couple people were amused or thought it was "cute". Most of us wanted him to STFU and just drive us to ATL.

Our new evil Tex-ass overlords think he's just wonderful. One of the senior executives couldn't stop going on about how great it was to see someone who "LUVs" his job so much. It took everything in me to suppress projectile vomit as he droned on about it.

Back