New 121 Pilots you think you have it bad now?

what does the people on this board feel they should make in their current position? I'm looking for a hard figure not something like I should be payed more or more days off. I want numbers

In my opinion, here are the base salaries that regional guys on a 50-seat jet should make at a bare minimum:

1st year FO: $30,000
2nd year FO: $45,000
5th year FO: $55,000

3rd year CA: $75,000
5th year CA: $90,000
10th year CA: $125,000

If guys in Europe and everywhere else are flying A320's and 737's (if not bigger) at 250hrs with no accidents then why can't we do it as well?

I'd love to get a job flying one of those jets while making 70k + at 250hrs.

Good thing I have dual citizenship in a European country

If guys in Europe and everywhere else are flying A320's and 737's (if not bigger) at 250hrs with no accidents then why can't we do it as well?

They are not flying, they are watching the AP while in cruise. I used to teach Asian and European Ab Initio students and from what their airline people told me, they wouldn't be taking off and landing for a long time.

I guess it might work if we had the selection standards and training quality that the Europeans enforce on their prospective pilots. I still think it's scary, though. The safety of the airlines in developing countries leaves a fair amount to be desired as well.

In my opinion, here are the base salaries that regional guys on a 50-seat jet should make at a bare minimum:

1st year FO: $30,000
2nd year FO: $45,000
5th year FO: $55,000

3rd year CA: $75,000
5th year CA: $90,000
10th year CA: $125,000

ok why should a third year CA make less than a 10th year CA on the same airframe? don't say experience or flight hours because as a captian they both have the exact same responsibilities wither they are new captians or old.

They are not flying, they are watching the AP while in cruise. I used to teach Asian and European Ab Initio students and from what their airline people told me, they wouldn't be taking off and landing for a long time.

Point taken, and I was under a bit of influence when making that post :)

Still I wouldn't mind riding 3rd seat for a couple year; I bet they, without any responsibility, make around what regional CA's bring in.

and how many hours should they have till they are hired there

With that payscale, 1500 TT bare minimum. 2500 with 1000 multi PIC and a 4-year "preferred". I'd say after about 1000 of MEI dual given, someone is qualified to start flying a jet. Either that or serve your tour in the military.

:argue:

ok why should a third year CA make less than a 10th year CA on the same airframe? don't say experience or flight hours because as a captian they both have the exact same responsibilities wither they are new captians or old.

A 10-year Captain has produced more revenue for his company and has demonstrated a dedication to that airline by sticking around. It's reward for length-of-service. There's nothing wrong with rewarding loyal employees. In fact, it should be encouraged. Paying a brand new guy the same thing you pay a 20-year veteran is ridiculous, even if they do have the exact same responsibilities.

A 10-year Captain has produced more revenue for his company and has demonstrated a dedication to that airline by sticking around. It's reward for length-of-service. There's nothing wrong with rewarding loyal employees. In fact, it should be encouraged. Paying a brand new guy the same thing you pay a 20-year veteran is ridiculous, even if they do have the exact same responsibilities.

:yeahthat::yeahthat: It doesn't matter what industry you're in. Pay scales within a company increase with time of service.

I'd love to get a job flying one of those jets while making 70k + at 250hrs.

Good thing I have dual citizenship in a European country

I've taught a couple of those guys. There's a reason I won't be flying some of those airlines....

Back