New 121 Pilots you think you have it bad now?

It's funny - I just took my daughters camping during my weekdays off (national forest campsite to ourselves). My 'vacations' are all on my days off now because I have seem to have more of them for some reason....even as a 1st year FO....sucks, huh? :)

Yeah, I was a November newhire so I only built one day of vacation for this year. It was in this month, so I was able to move some of my non golden days around without having to worry about the working more than 6 in 7 deal...got a week off so decided to get over here.

I'm always a little nervous about getting back, but I'm leaving a day early and I'm just going to show up at the NW desk and have them hopefully get me on any flight to the states. Its worked before...and this is my 6th time out here since I got hired in November. Life is good, hopefully it stays that way.

[modhat] HEY...keep it civil...there's no reason to take it to that level[/modhat]
EDIT: apparently i was too late...why did nobody report these uncivil posts? sheesh....

if it keeps going down this spiral, we'll be happy to close it. :)

No one reported it. . .well. . .because no one thought they were uncivil posts. ;)

Not really, the majority of people hired at regionals during the hiring frenzy did not have a jet course. And most of those people who were hired with a jet course had it PAID for by Eagle. You see what direction Im going? Eagle was so desperate for pilots they started PAYING for RJ courses. That was another step in the right direction. If it hadn't been for age 65 things would have kept on getting better and better for us. Its only 5 years before the ball's back in our court again.

You got facts to back that claim up? A majority of the people hired here DID have a jet course. In fact, there's a whole school based on hiring guys here on jet courses. I don't have the numbers, and I'm not gonna make a claim that most of the guys hired at the regionals had jet courses or not. Why? Don't have the numbers. Maybe you do. I consider the ATP jet course a (shocker) "jet course." Same with JetU. How many people paid for those courses last year that DIDN'T have them paid for by Eagle? Eagle was paying for jet courses. Hooray for them. I can no offset that by Pinnacle requiring anyone with less than 1000-1200 hours to pay for a jet course on their own.

Marcus, I admire your optimism, but there's a reality out there, and you seem to be missing it.

No one reported it. . .well. . .because no one thought they were uncivil posts. ;)

Either that or they were thirsty for blood.

Slo-mo train wrecks are fun! Since society at large seems to think that Gladitorial contests are uncivilized, we have forum postings instead.

"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"

gladiator-crowe.jpg

You got facts to back that claim up? A majority of the people hired here DID have a jet course. In fact, there's a whole school based on hiring guys here on jet courses. I don't have the numbers, and I'm not gonna make a claim that most of the guys hired at the regionals had jet courses or not. Why? Don't have the numbers. Maybe you do. I consider the ATP jet course a (shocker) "jet course." Same with JetU. How many people paid for those courses last year that DIDN'T have them paid for by Eagle? Eagle was paying for jet courses. Hooray for them. I can no offset that by Pinnacle requiring anyone with less than 1000-1200 hours to pay for a jet course on their own.

Marcus, I admire your optimism, but there's a reality out there, and you seem to be missing it.

That must have been just a Pinnacle thing there. Like you said, your CFI buddies got hired elsewhere and didn't hear a peep about a jetcourse...

LOL!

In no way were those posts 'XJT bashing'. Cold, hard, facts isn't bashing nor Kool-Aid drinking. Sharing the statements and sentiment of key executives made to the financial world I usually find pretty credible. In fact, you stated similar positions with regard to XJT in the past. Nice attempt though! You're obviously very desperate. Come up with something better son and PM me.

I have a distinct feeling this is one of those threads where the lurkers, 777 captains and the like, just shake their head and think there is no hope helping anyone out on this website.

And for those that don't think there are guys like that out there, there are, trust me.:tmyk:

I have a distinct feeling this is one of those threads where the lurkers, 777 captains and the like, just shake their head and think there is no hope helping anyone out on this website.

And for those that don't think there are guys like that out there, there are, trust me.:tmyk:

You're right. The vast majority of mainline pilots have no idea who all the regional carriers are. They just lump them all together. Mesaba v Pinnacle, Colgan v ?, Mesa v everyone, as far as they are concerned, regional pilots are all one in the same, and quite frankly, view the whole mess a threat to their jobs.

Good, because it's no small fact that "they" created the mess.

Now they don't want to deal with it?

Not a case of pulling up the ladder before a few of those "regional scumbags" can grab a hold and move on up right?

:)

Not a case of pulling up the ladder before a few of those "regional scumbags" can grab a hold and move on up right?

:yeahthat: You beat me to it. Make a bed....get to sleep in it. ;)

The voice of reason from a newly minted regional copilot, I'm sure that'll win 'em over.

Whatever Mike.

Anything substantive to provide this evening?

Not like I need to remind myself why I don't dabble in Freight Dawg issues.

At least Marcus (777 forever) didnt take a "low paying" regional job and bitch and complain about it.

Congrats Marcus for enjoying what you are doing.

Most of "they" have retired and moved on. The guys now left holding the bag didn't have a say in it, but do want to deal with it by taking back the flying. However, I'm sure if that happened we'd hear cries of "They're stealing our flying."

As far as pulling up the ladder, no, that's not it. When each regional group agrees to concessions in order to get more flying via an RFP, it just makes it harder to regain the flying, therefore leading to a need for less mainline pilots. More like the regional guys are shooting themselves in the foot and then setting the ladder on fire. If your goal is a job at the mainline, why try and take it through scope? You're only hurting yourselves.

Back