New 121 Pilots you think you have it bad now?

And you continue to remind us that you're nothing but a quitter who couldn't make it in this industry, yet continues to try to "school" us about it. Back to your desk job and let us take care of our own profession.

And Merit and I continue to school you in common sense business 101.

And you continue to remind us that you're nothing but a quitter who couldn't make it in this industry, yet continues to try to "school" us about it.

I don't think that's warrented. Maybe if he left xjet for another $25,000 a year job with the same crappy QOL, but he's making ten times that and I am sure his QOL is higher. I'd leave my job for his. He also has more 121 expereince than half of the other posters in this thread.

Alex.

And you continue to remind us that you're nothing but a quitter who couldn't make it in this industry, yet continues to try to "school" us about it. Back to your desk job and let us take care of our own profession.

Didn't you go to Gulfstream? I am sure you are a nice guy and all, but are you one to be casting stones around this profession.

Maybe I'm reading a different thread but I don't see Marcus saying that you guys (I'm not there.yet) shouldn't improve things. After reading his post I realized that it's better today, as a first year regional FO, than in 1993 but a long ways from where it should be.

You can't compare 1993 to 2008, unless you want to acknowledge the fact that a huge amount of flying has shifted from the majors to the regionals, thereby limiting the earning potential of most pilots starting out today

Looks like 777 was just comparing first year at ASA, not amount of flying at majors vs. regionals.

Quitter!!! LOL!!

That has to be the cutest thing anyone has ever said. Reminds me of my 4 year old neice.

You wittle scallywag!

Okay, so quick check of the inflation calculator.

What cost $12000 in 1993 would cost $17528.24 in 2007.

Alright! We've gone up about $500 in 14 years! Sorry, inflation calculator doesn't count into effect the insane changes in 2008, but I'm willing to bet that $500 gap is gonna be about erased by the end of the year. The only difference b/w pay then and pay now is that he had to pay for training, which was more or less standard at places like ASA, Comair and even Pinnacle back then.

Before jumping on a topic like this to prove a point, 777, make sure you check all the facts. I've heard this argument numerous times from senior CAs here that were on the Saab back then. All it takes is a "Yeah, and gas was HOW much in 93?" I can still remember. It was less than $1 a gallon.

Maybe I'm reading a different thread but I don't see Marcus saying that you guys (I'm not there.yet) shouldn't improve things. After reading his post I realized that it's better today, as a first year regional FO, than in 1993 but a long ways from where it should be.

Looks like 777 was just comparing first year at ASA, not amount of flying at majors vs. regionals.
:yeahthat:

My point was Kellwolf, we went up more than 500 bucks because our generation didn't spend 2+ years instructing, then flying 135 cargo and corporate etc just to build enough time (3000+) to pay 90% of your first year salary up front for training. Which by the way, was not paid and had no hotel.

Shoot if people can't hack it now they sure couldn't back in the "good ole days"

My point was Kellwolf, we went up more than 500 bucks because our generation didn't spend 2+ years instructing, then flying 135 cargo and corporate etc just to build enough time (3000+) to pay 90% of your first year salary up front for training. Which by the way, was not paid and had no hotel.

Yeah, 'cause who needs experience. Give me a short cut anyday. In case you weren't looking, we're heading back that way with people paying $7000 got a jet course. How long before airlines realize there are 250 hour guys willing to pay for their own training to fly that shiny jet just so they don't have to instruct or fly 135 cargo.

Yeah, 'cause who needs experience. Give me a short cut anyday. In case you weren't looking, we're heading back that way with people paying $7000 got a jet course. How long before airlines realize there are 250 hour guys willing to pay for their own training to fly that shiny jet just so they don't have to instruct or fly 135 cargo.

Yeah that.

Bingo was his name-o!

My main point is that things have improved, no question about that. However, at the same time, more and more flying is done by regional pilots, so in the grand scheme of things, how much have things really improved? Even if we do not pay for training?

Not really, the majority of people hired at regionals during the hiring frenzy did not have a jet course. And most of those people who were hired with a jet course had it PAID for by Eagle. You see what direction Im going? Eagle was so desperate for pilots they started PAYING for RJ courses. That was another step in the right direction. If it hadn't been for age 65 things would have kept on getting better and better for us. Its only 5 years before the ball's back in our court again.

Bingo was his name-o!

Somebody help this man:banghead:

Meritflyer:
Velo and Co.,

The facts stand, even with oil at $105, XJT's branded operation as a stand alone entity, needs 35 people on board to make a profit. The point was reiterated by Jim Ream and Fred Cromer at the Raymond James conference and again recently on an all pilot conference call.
Post XJT
Meritflyer:
No slam on you, but this was the same excuse ACAI had when they closed their doors. Bottom line is you can't make money with a 50 seat jet in a point to point, non-CPA supported business.

Former XJT pilot as well.
So like you asked Seggy, which is it gunna be?

Even more
Meritflyer:
70% of XJT's fuel is hedged at $2.42 a gallon.

In 2006, the average cost of jet fuel averaged around $2 a gallon.

I dont know why folks from XJT's pilot group have such a difficult time with the facts. At one point, I also was drunk on the XJT Kool-Aid when I was flying the branded jets around. But, you cant hide the bold faced facts. Ream does a great job of this. I've listened to him on the all pilot CC's take the demise of the airline and make it sound like somehow there's a bright and exciting future for XJT.

For what it's worth, Branded is not even remotely this issue here. The entire airline is facing a slow death with the DL deal coming up on it's expiration date, CAL already stating it'll pul 51 more jets and ultimately not renew the CPA, Branded losing more than $100M since it's inception, Branded's schedule being pulled down on a large scale, and Branded averaging more than 2 cities failing per month since they introduced it.

Branded is hardly the problem with it only accounting for 15% or so of XJT's business. Wake up and smell the thorns.

Someone on here gave you this advice a while back and I think now is a great time for review:

Point proven.

You'll take just about anything you can/did get.

You continue to make yourself look like a total fool.
[modhat] HEY...keep it civil...there's no reason to take it to that level[/modhat]
EDIT: apparently i was too late...why did nobody report these uncivil posts? sheesh....

if it keeps going down this spiral, we'll be happy to close it. :)

Merit, you are the king of making yourself look like a fool. Going from #1 XJET cheerleader to #1 XJET basher. So lets not even go there.

I dunno man, for a 700 hr FO who often speaks way out of his league, you sure give him a run for his money...

Off topic, but this doesn't really deserve its own thread, but I love my job...here I sit in my brothers place in the Netherlands after jumpseating out in business on a NWA 747....does anyone else feel like they're almost stealing when they do this? Life is good.

Off topic, but this doesn't really deserve its own thread, but I love my job...here I sit in my brothers place in the Netherlands after jumpseating out in business on a NWA 747....does anyone else feel like they're almost stealing when they do this? Life is good.

It's funny - I just took my daughters camping during my weekdays off (national forest campsite to ourselves). My 'vacations' are all on my days off now because I have seem to have more of them for some reason....even as a 1st year FO....sucks, huh? :)

Back