Recruiting

Lol, you guys know you’re either getting trolled hard or some kid is posting from his basement having fun, right?

Based on that, I’m going to assume you all enjoy the counter-trolling as much as the OP enjoys their trolling.
This person has been unironically shilling Envoy on various message boards for like 10 years, it isn’t just here and it isn’t new.

That’s the ”how,” the “why” I don’t think anyone is sure.

This person has been unironically shilling Envoy on various message boards for like 10 years, it isn’t just here and it isn’t new.

That’s the ”how,” the “why” I don’t think anyone is sure.
Call it what you like but it's ADVOCATING for the best career option out there. You guys can poke fun about the military thing if you want but I have never claimed MILITARY SERVICE. I do have a military background because I had to learn all of the Army lingo and spend time in the trenches. Granted it wasn't in a live environment but it was very real. I've been heavily involved with training and the RTP guys always struggle taking additional sim time away from qualified cadets. Not claiming service but background and with my involvement in cadet training, I feel like I have a unique perspective to offer regarding these RTP guys.

Call it what you like but it's ADVOCATING for the best career option out there. You guys can poke fun about the military thing if you want but I have never claimed MILITARY SERVICE. I do have a military background because I had to learn all of the Army lingo and spend time in the trenches. Granted it wasn't in a live environment but it was very real. I've been heavily involved with training and the RTP guys always struggle taking additional sim time away from qualified cadets. Not claiming service but background and with my involvement in cadet training, I feel like I have a unique perspective to offer regarding these RTP guys.

1702328402289.gif

What was your rank?

With the usual disclaimer that I'm so entrenched on my current seniority list, it's gonna take my airline basically shutting down for me to update my pay-to-play app account I will offer this:

To anyone entering the industry or anyone who isn't at their career destination carrier - stop listening to a bunch of cranks on the internet. You might as well be taking medical advice from a Las Vegas street performer. Talk to a aviation career counselor. A professional who can ask you (and your SigO) the right questions about your goals. Point you in the right direction. Someone who isn't employed or on a commission basis from a carrier to move warm bodies in that direction. Someone who knows the hiring trends and the right pathways. Heck, they can probably also help with interview prep.

Something to think about: the best/quickest pathway to your dream airline may not be the carrier with the Flow. Why would a wholly-owned transfer warm bodies from one division to prop up another when there are thousand of 'foreign legion' mercenaries ready to jump ship and work in the jungle trenches. (see the callback here?) The 'Parent' carrier metering flow from the wholly-owned makes perfect business sense that may be detrimental to your career.

My point is that the used car salesman's role is to move cars off the lot, not to ensure that you are getting the most mechanically reliable vehicle for your individual needs. In the end, as we have all learned, your experiences in the civilian aviation world will most likely mirror those of your peers - no matter where you cut your teeth. No one cares more about your career path than you. Figuring out what you want and the best path to get there are just as important as all the technical knowledge we have gathered. But, we all can't be experts. (Even though we all think we are experts in everything.) This is why we all should have financial advisors, why we have lawyers, doctors, and etc.

We are in the best hiring environment in a generation for legacy airlines. It's going to be another 25-35 years before we see this kind of seniority turnover. Educate yourself, spend some coin, do the math, and do what's best for you because you aren't going to see people falling off the top of the list till Hally's Comet is coursing across our skies again.

I can not advocate for one airline over another, one regional over another, one major, legacy, or freight carrier over another. What I do advocate for is knowledge and looking at the big picture of what you want out of this career and life. Then, make the best decision, at the time, with all the information that you have.

In the end, it's all going to be a roll of the dice we don't have control of anyway. You can still do your best to ensure that the odds are in your favor.

Back