Recruiting

Dacuj

Just wanted to give a shout out to the recruiters working hard out there. I'm still in touch over at the Voy and it's been a tough road to hoe with the mass hiring going on. Hey, you know once a recruiter, always a recruiter. I still find myself thinking about recruiting between the headsets at FL400.

Gotta give the Envoy recruiters credit, they haven't lowered their standards and the Envoy recruits far and away are the cream of the crop when you compare with other entities such as Skywest, Republic, Endeavor, etc. Primarily it's due to having to hire to the AA standard. I know some places are still doing it, but my biggest headaches as a recruiter were with the RTP program. Great guys, good service record. They just didn't have near the experience needed and training was nearly always somewhat of a disaster. The cadets coming from the accredited colleges were already trained in the airline environment and were plug and play if you will. Some of the best recruits I've ever worked with were from Riddle and UND. Totally smoked the training at Envoy.

As we see this industry turn I have alluded to in another post, we see a slight slowdown in hiring in certain quarters. Envoy is still full steam ahead though and another set of great recruiters are on the job making it happen.

over at the Voy

IMG_0663.gif

I already know the answer to this but I'm asking rhetorically. Have you ever worked in recruiting? Have you worked 10 days straight nonstop going through resumes, doing phone interviews, going to pilot meet and greets and job fairs? Again I know the answer and you haven't put in the hard work I'm describing here. What business is it of yours regarding the training record of anyone at AA or Envoy? You don't even work here, you left and I'm sure you'll never admit it here but you regret it daily.

I already know the answer to this but I'm asking rhetorically. Have you ever worked in recruiting? Have you worked 10 days straight nonstop going through resumes, doing phone interviews, going to pilot meet and greets and job fairs? Again I know the answer and you haven't put in the hard work I'm describing here. What business is it of yours regarding the training record of anyone at AA or Envoy? You don't even work here, you left and I'm sure you'll never admit it here but you regret it daily.
So nothing about my "checkered past." Got it.

dude you are one of a kind...it's like watching an SNL sketch that didn't make it to taping but still is trying to convince Lorne via twitter

When you make the claim of “cream of the crop,” I think it’s reasonable for someone to ask questions about it.

He’s a Capt at United. Why would he regret leaving Envoy?

When you make the claim of “cream of the crop,” I think it’s reasonable for someone to ask questions about it.

He’s a Capt at United. Why would he regret leaving Envoy?
It's not that I want to know, it's a joke because his training record at Eagle was "checkered." Like, losing his LCA letter less than a year after he got it because he failed an oral. Maybe it's the wrong bald guy with horse teeth, I don't know.

Knowing who you are and your checkered past at Eagle, that's just rich.

If @bLizZuE wasn't happy at the carrier he's at and living his Oprahs #Bestlife, I would, without hesitation, walk his application in to the Managing Director of Pilot Development and say "hire him", excitedly. I might even do the DiCaprio "skip" on the way.

Careful with who you attempt to denigrate.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the recruiters working hard out there. I'm still in touch over at the Voy and it's been a tough road to hoe with the mass hiring going on. Hey, you know once a recruiter, always a recruiter. I still find myself thinking about recruiting between the headsets at FL400.

Gotta give the Envoy recruiters credit, they haven't lowered their standards and the Envoy recruits far and away are the cream of the crop when you compare with other entities such as Skywest, Republic, Endeavor, etc. Primarily it's due to having to hire to the AA standard. I know some places are still doing it, but my biggest headaches as a recruiter were with the RTP program. Great guys, good service record. They just didn't have near the experience needed and training was nearly always somewhat of a disaster. The cadets coming from the accredited colleges were already trained in the airline environment and were plug and play if you will. Some of the best recruits I've ever worked with were from Riddle and UND. Totally smoked the training at Envoy.

As we see this industry turn I have alluded to in another post, we see a slight slowdown in hiring in certain quarters. Envoy is still full steam ahead though and another set of great recruiters are on the job making it happen.

The Few. The Proud. The Voyeurs.

Yep I’ve worked in recruiting before… it’s easy work, no stress, and generally speaking you pick up on learning to sniff out horse hockey… which you plumb full of…. So take your snake oil elsewhere because I don’t buy it and anyone who has an inkling of knowledge in the industry already knows that the good places to work don’t need hucksters, like you, peddling false hopes and dreams in order to drum up applicants.

Just wanted to give a shout out to the recruiters working hard out there. I'm still in touch over at the Voy and it's been a tough row to hoe with the mass hiring going on. Hey, you know once a recruiter, always a recruiter. I still find myself thinking about recruiting between the headsets at FL400.
Nice attempt at a hollow humble brag… no one cares.
Gotta give the Envoy recruiters credit, they haven't lowered their standards and the Envoy recruits far and away are the cream of the crop when you compare with other entities such as Skywest, Republic, Endeavor, etc. Primarily it's due to having to hire to the AA standard.
The same standard that AA uses? Like handing out CJOs at job fairs? Thats a lofty goal!🙄
I know some places are still doing it, but my biggest headaches as a recruiter were with the RTP program. Great guys, good service record. They just didn't have near the experience needed and training was nearly always somewhat of a disaster.
Sounds like an Envoy training dept problem… RTP has been widely successful at other carriers. Perhaps learning to teach more effectively would garner better results?
The cadets coming from the accredited colleges were already trained in the airline environment and were plug and play if you will. Some of the best recruits I've ever worked with were from Riddle and UND. Totally smoked the training at Envoy.

Sounds like you weren’t able to capture the “cream of the crop” if the airline isn’t already adequately staffed… good luck finding more bodies next year.

Back