AMERICAN HIRING June 2022.

Flight Keys just got delayed. Good news for possible Third Class early next year

Agree with this sentiment. Given the fact that flight keys is delayed due to staffing on midnight Euro desks, I would not be surprised at all to see one or two more classes before domestic rollout next year so that domestic doesnt have a long delay for staffing.

Each international division takes about 1-2 months to train a new dispatcher. A new domestic takes 5-6 months to train on average so a domestic delay would be pretty long if staffing was short at flight keys rollout date.

From the looks of it heading forward into the next few years, the majors will be hiring but im hearing the amount of hires will be more limited as they've been mass hiring for the past year or so.

@Frenchie asked what was happening with AA training on the DL thread so just popping over here to answer. From what I heard just a few days ago there are still 32 people from both the September and October class that need to check out… actually 31. One passed yesterday. 11 from September and now 20 from October. I have only seen the same 6 or so people doing the 3 day comp checks for everyone. There are more qualified ATS but I know some have been pulled to teach recurrent training and Flight Keys training so I personally have only seen the 6 so far. However a couple of those 6 will be taking vacations this month and next straining it even more. There have been a small handful that have not passed the CCKs and are having to re-do them. It is very back logged, bottle necked or however you want to say it. Trainers are exhausted and burnt out from training 150 new people over the last year. No word on another new hire class yet either. But that’s pretty much the gist of it now. Just waiting for each other’s turns to go. Still training on the desks in the meantime.

Last edited:
@Frenchie asked what was happening with AA training on the DL thread so just popping over here to answer. From what I heard just a few days ago there are still 32 people from both the September and October class that need to check out… actually 31. One passed yesterday. 11 from September and now 20 from October. I have only seen the same 6 or so people doing the 3 day comp checks for everyone. There are more qualified ATS but I know some have been pulled to teach recurrent training and Flight Keys training so I personally have only seen the 6 so far. However a couple of those 6 will be taking vacations this month and next straining it even more. There have been a small handful that have not passed the CCKs and are having to re-do them. It is very back logged, bottle necked or however you want to say it. Trainers are exhausted and burnt out from training 150 new people over the last year. No word on another new hire class yet either. But that’s pretty much the gist of it now. Just waiting for each other’s turns to go. Still training on the desks in the meantime.

I think there will be more new hire classes. There are still over a hundred dispatchers at or near retirement age that will be leaving within five years or less. The current dispatchers in training were hired when management was planning to have Flight Keys rolled out domestically by this month. Thats been delayed indefinitely. Flight Keys requires more training and longer term staffing increases than originally planned. This is likely good news for job seekers.

Back