Happy Thanksgiving to my Junior Brothers and Sisters!

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
If you’re junior like me, you’re probably headed to work today or tomorrow. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Here’s hoping for clear skies, good airplanes, great crews, and hotels with open restaurants (or at least a Denny’s within walking distance)!

F473882E-CD33-4E2E-9635-EE2B18F2AA0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Let us know where you are on Thursday. As wide spread as this group is maybe an impromptu meet and greet is on the table. (On the table, on Thanksgiving, see what I did there)

I'll do that! Beats sitting at the hotel bar with other misfit toys.

For those who might be in CLE airport south tomorrow, I have confirmed that Aladdin’s and FatHeads are open tomorrow and closed on Thursday.

I’m sitting on a UPS jumpseat headed to work. It’s an A300 so there’s 4 jumpseats in their own little cabin behind the cockpit With the galley and lav. I feel like a rock star! What an amazing ride. If I were a decade younger… well, I wish I could tell 30 year old me to shoot for the freighters. This is an entirely different kind of flying. Altogether.

C514E133-05B4-4957-930B-9EDD53B452F9.gif

I’m sitting on a UPS jumpseat headed to work. It’s an A300 so there’s 4 jumpseats in their own little cabin behind the cockpit With the galley and lav. I feel like a rock star! What an amazing ride. If I were a decade younger… well, I wish I could tell 30 year old me to shoot for the freighters. This is an entirely different kind of flying. Altogether.

View attachment 67962

Hopefully the catering was decent. A300 was a good ride. Lots of bag storage. The 747's are the best as they have bunks. And thanks for all the SWA jumpseats. UPS guys take advantage of offline jumpseats FAR more than other pilots ride with us. It was an EXTREME rarity for me to have an offline jumpseater. The PHX gateway has historically been one of our worst, so hopefully you were able to figure out how to get from ops to the other side. Yeah, I don't work there anymore but it's a hard habit to kick....

Hopefully the catering was decent. A300 was a good ride. Lots of bag storage. The 747's are the best as they have bunks. And thanks for all the SWA jumpseats. UPS guys take advantage of offline jumpseats FAR more than other pilots ride with us. It was an EXTREME rarity for me to have an offline jumpseater. The PHX gateway has historically been one of our worst, so hopefully you were able to figure out how to get from ops to the other side. Yeah, I don't work there anymore but it's a hard habit to kick....

It’s working out great. It’s been my go-to commute option since early October. I only wish they had a flight back east that worked for me as well.

UPS from Dallas to Phoenix? How's that routing, through SDF? I know Fedex has Alliance/Ft Worth and they do stuff like AFW-LAX. Not sure about PHX.

hotel restaurant was fire for Christmas dinner last year, and Dino BBQ is only a couple blocks away…. If we’re at the same place.
Are guys/gals big fans of Dinosaur BBQ? It’s not bad but I don’t get the hubbub. Is it because it’s the only BBQ around? I know whole crews that plan to go eat there when we layover in Central/Western NY state.

Back