Happy Thanksgiving to my Junior Brothers and Sisters!

I’m sitting on a UPS jumpseat headed to work. It’s an A300 so there’s 4 jumpseats in their own little cabin behind the cockpit With the galley and lav. I feel like a rock star! What an amazing ride. If I were a decade younger… well, I wish I could tell 30 year old me to shoot for the freighters. This is an entirely different kind of flying. Altogether.

View attachment 67962

One of my favorite ways to get home when I was based in DTW. Northwest’s last flight to ATL was always around 8pm, same time our trips ended, so I was stuck until the next day without UPS. Quick taxi over to to their hangar, leave at 10pm, home by 5am after a nice breakfast during the sort in SDF. The crews were always fantastic. And I loved seeing the DC-8 crews throw the engines into reverse thrust inflight. Cool ride. :)

And I loved seeing the DC-8 crews throw the engines into reverse thrust inflight. Cool ride. :)
2EA0BA78-0D16-459C-AABB-535C5031D10A.gif

I’m sitting on a UPS jumpseat headed to work. It’s an A300 so there’s 4 jumpseats in their own little cabin behind the cockpit With the galley and lav. I feel like a rock star! What an amazing ride. If I were a decade younger… well, I wish I could tell 30 year old me to shoot for the freighters. This is an entirely different kind of flying. Altogether.

View attachment 67962
Steer clear of the 75 and your commute will be as enjoyable as a commute can be.

Steer clear of the 75 and your commute will be as enjoyable as a commute can be.
I never turned down a jumpseater. Have had 4 on the 757 and rode on the bench many times SDF to the west coast. The contract now limits how many company mandated must rides can go on a 75 and a distance limitation. But most Capts won't turn down commuters just cause it's cramped. "Bags in the belly" is always a smart move with jumpseaters on a 75.

Let us know where you are on Thursday. As wide spread as this group is maybe an impromptu meet and greet is on the table. (On the table, on Thanksgiving, see what I did there)

Still in PHX but they found something for me to do tomorrow. Deadhead to AUS then fly to BNA.

So far today walked to Target, took the city bus back. Thinking of taking the train into Tempe for lunch now. Livin the dream.

Last edited:

View attachment 67962
Don’t leave!!! :)

Got assigned a 24 hour overnight an hour and a half away from where my family is gathering for tgiving. 10:1 odds I wind up with an 11 hour overnight in Sioux Falls instead.
I had the opposite happen to me a few years ago. Scheduled to be in DTW on Thanksgiving but due to a really late flight we ended up in BNA for the night. Which is 3 hours from where i live. My wife and sis in law showed up with a big tray of food for me. Turned out to be a good day.

Are guys/gals big fans of Dinosaur BBQ? It’s not bad but I don’t get the hubbub. Is it because it’s the only BBQ around? I know whole crews that plan to go eat there when we layover in Central/Western NY state.

They just don't know what they don't know. Like the dudes in my old JFK pad that loved the "mexican food" in Kew.

There are only two places where good is good... the region that the food comes from and Vegas. Because Vegas (literally) has everything transplanted.

Back