ATP grads

I held Capt. at XJT the same day I sent in my resignation letter, so I did go right seat to right seat. I was very lucky to know several very senior pilots at CAL who helped push my application through. That being said, it also took ALOT of studying, volunteer work, and interview prep to convince them to hire an FO.

OK im sorry...didn't see this post. How did you know those senior pilots? Im a fueler right now....would it help to start making friends the this Cal captains?

Thanks for the welcome Bob. I used to have a screen name on here many years ago, but for the life of me I can not remember what it was.

Chris

I meant to ask...do you have a degree? and how old are you if you dont mind revealing that info?:crazy:

I am 27, degree in business administration and yes, my father is an airline pilot, although not for Continenal. I had 11 letters of recommendation, two of them were from his friends. The other 9 letters were written by people that I had met along the way while working for XJT. The people that pushed the hardest for me were the people that I knew, not my dad's friends. I would recommend befriending anybody you can in this industry. You never know who you might be talking to.

Good to hear from you Paul. It's funny how many people are still lurking on here. I have been doing well, really can't complain at all. In the last two years I got married, bought a house, and got a dog. How are you and the misses doing?

Jan 05- Comm. Multi at ATP CRG
Feb 05- CFI Program at ATP CRG
March 06-Feb 07- Instruct at another flight school in JAX area
Feb 07-April 08- Cessna 210 and Beechcraft Baron Part 135 cargo throughout Florida
April 08-present flying Learjet 31's and 35's for charter and private owners

I was happy with the few ratings I got at ATP, on time and on budget, under everyone else's price.

Yeah that's crazy!! I started ATP 6 months before that and I'm still an FO at Skywest. YIPPY!!! He should end with the disclaimer . . . (results not typical)

Its cuz you made 2 stops along the way before getting on at Skywest.

Oh yeah! That's right . . . I had some crazy idea that I could fly freight to somehow bypass the regionals to get to the majors. What was I thinking?

I could have been at XJT about 15 months before I got to Skywest and would probably be a junior captain there now. It's funny how the decisions you make along the way lead you to where you are today. What's the saying? Everything you've done in the past has led you to this very moment right now. So true.

Oh yeah! That's right . . . I had some crazy idea that I could fly freight to somehow bypass the regionals to get to the majors. What was I thinking?

Hi Rob. I don't know you, so I was not sure if you were being sarcastic with this comment. Is this not a good way to build time also?

I finished my Commercial and went back home and scheduled my CFI check ride with my local FSDO 1 week later. I bought a KING AIR 200 and fly for my family business. Hated ATP!!! People, (some instructors) thought they were better than others. I didn't like that AT ALL! Was treated like a Military PVT the whole time!

Did the ACP program in RIV from Jan to June 2008

Instructed at DAB from August to September 2008

Instructed at PHX from September to December 2008

Got laid off due to cut backs in PHX

Now I'm back home working for IFTA as a flight instructor in Bakersfield, CA.

All in all I'm happy where I am now, but the loan payment is a little stiff.

went to atp september 07 and finished in december 07 out of the SAC location (streets of london crew yuuuuuuuuuPPPP!!!!) then instructed in SAC for about 10 months before going to great mistakes and its mad dog chill out here

2003-Finished ACPP in Dallas

2004-Instructed at ATP Dallas

2005-Hired at Expressjet

2007-Upgraded to Captain(Bob's Sim Partner!)

2008- September Downgraded back to F/O due to the cancellation of branded, and delta contracts

2009-An F/O hating it!!!!!!!!

ATP Grad 90 day course at GKY...Started in feb of 07. Now? Furloughed TSA FO. Still instructing! :banghead:

ATP in FTY Mar-May 05
Instructed for ATP in Jax, then FTY Jun-Aug 05
Colgan Aug 05-Feb 07
Chautauqua FO Feb 07-present

Interviewing for Customs & Border Protection Air & Marine in March.

ATP in FTY Mar-May 05
Instructed for ATP in Jax, then FTY Jun-Aug 05
Colgan Aug 05-Feb 07
Chautauqua FO Feb 07-present

Interviewing for Customs & Border Protection Air & Marine in March.

You must have been pretty close to upgrade at Colgan. Why didnt you stay?

Back