ATP grads

LOL.. Never heard that story.. Ate at that BK more than once though.. :)

Seriously? I thought that would be legend. Anyway, here is the short version: Our T-34 takes off on 15. Right before turning left x-wind the engine starts spewing oil and the engine quits. The pilot (retired colonel who had 5000 dual given in T-34s) yanks the plane into a 90 degree bank and pulls hard knowing the plane will stall. All he wants to do is get away from the base housing. At about 100 feet the plane does stall and he said he had to do the hardest thing he has ever done in his entire life - push the nose over to gain speed. At this point he is almost over the BX and less than 100'. He sees that the parking lot is almost empty and aims for it. He touches down (gear up) right next to the south end of the BX and slides between two parked cars ripping both wings and tail off. The plane continues to slide into a empty parked van in the Burger King parking lot and explodes. The plane and van came to rest literally in the drive thru. Amazingly, both pilot and passenger came out with only minor injuries. And, the real kicker, I was the CFI that signed them off to fly that day! Air Force investigations are real fun.

Got my private at an FBO in North Carolina, finished the ACPP in KRALin the beginning of November 2008, currently instructing in San Diego. Most grateful to have the job...

ATP FEB 04-JUL04
Inst ATP AUG 04-JUN 05
PSA JUN 05-MAY 07
Contract flying/instructing May 07-Current
OPD OCT 07-Current
More time off than any airline captain, and pick when I fly. QOL great!!!

started jan. 08 -0 time-
finished jun. 08 -235 TT-
employed at American Flyers jul. 08 (sucked, quit).
employed at CP Aviation oct. 08 (loving it)
used to wrench, was greasy, miserable and had money
currently flight instructor, now clean, broke and happy:rawk:

ATP was great to me.
Waz up Big Dog??? Glad to hear your doing good!

ACPP April '08 to July '08
Opted out of CFI
Thought I was not prepared enough for it. Issues with my COMM. Great time at IWA, but a little too hot for my blood.
Can't find a gig, like everyone else.
Work for UPS.

Graduated ATP Phoenix in October this year, got a CFI job two days after with more students than I need and also just started flying empty 135 legs in a Cessna 310.

ATP worked for me.....

:hiya:
Went to ATP via RAL (Riverside, CA) back in the summer of '06. CFI'd in Las Vegas (KVGT) and later went on to Air Wisconsin. Currently, FO'in it out of PHL. We got guys on furlough for the moment; any more and I may be added to that list.
:whatever:

PPL program at IWA in June - July 2006
Career program in Riverside October 2006
CFI program in Vegas in Dec 2006

Instructed in San Diego (KSEE) for 10 months or so in 2007.

Hired at Republic (Chautauqua) in October of 2007. Here I am, was holding a line until this month and now I am #2 on reserve with all weekends/holidays off. Im living in base so reserve isn't half bad.

Got everything I wanted and more out of ATP. But like with everything in this industry timing was everything. With the industry the way it is today I don't know if I would still have been in such a hurry to get finished if I was starting right now.

**90 Day**
started: June 30, 2008
completed: September 28, 2008

My career program was in SAC and CFI School in Vegas.

Hired by ATP: October 6 2008

Worked at JAX (KCRG) for two months and then transfered to Riverside with another fellow instructor.

Congrats to all those who have completed this program!

Started 90 day January 2004, finished in April.
Hired by ATP April 2004, instructed in FLL, HEF, and ORF
Hired by ExpressJet April 2005
Hired by Continental Airlines March 2007
Currently flying the 737 in EWR

ATP was great to me, I got exactly what they promised for exactly the price they promised. It's hard to beat that.

ATP was great to me, I got exactly what they promised for exactly the price they promised. It's hard to beat that.

You got on a CAL after only 2 years at xjt? I assume you went right seat to right seat? who did you know? Congrats. I am jealous!

My experience at ATP is mixed. some good some bad, But in the end the bottome line is they did deliver what they promised.

Yeah that's crazy!! I started ATP 6 months before that and I'm still an FO at Skywest. YIPPY!!! He should end with the disclaimer . . . (results not typical)

I held Capt. at XJT the same day I sent in my resignation letter, so I did go right seat to right seat. I was very lucky to know several very senior pilots at CAL who helped push my application through. That being said, it also took ALOT of studying, volunteer work, and interview prep to convince them to hire an FO.

You got on a CAL after only 2 years at xjt?

Definately not typical... but those results are definately probable. There one guy from my XJT new hire class that went to CAL before his 1 year FO PC, and I know of 3 others who were hired after me, never upgraded, and are over at CAL now.

Timing and networking...

Bob

PS: Welcome to JC.com CAL737! :)

Thanks for the welcome Bob. I used to have a screen name on here many years ago, but for the life of me I can not remember what it was.

Chris

Boy I wish I could be you! How did you get hired by CAL so soon? Please tell me, im dying to know. Ive always wanted to fly for CAL and im still planning that as my life goal. I know there are better flying jobs out there, but I know I want to work for CAL. Ive been planning for it my whole life. Congradulations!

Back