ATP grads

You might have heard about the 4 out of 6 being sent home because they werent needed. Not true. The 4 out of 6 KNOW why they were sent home. Any CFI at the JAX location can attest to that fact. To act like it was anything other than what it really was is to invite someone to post the truth- however embarrassing it might be.

Only one of the two who made it was trained in JAX. And I have seen the Standardization guys let people go who trained in Jax as well. It is a hiring process. For sometime now I have watched with amusement how people post how bad the quality of instructors are but cry foul when not everyone makes it into the ranks as CFI. :)

I finished the ACP program July'08. At that time the rumor mill was that hiring was going to be slowing down for a bit. And that if you did go through standardization you may be subject to staying in JAX answering phones for an undetermined ammount of time, or being dispatched to another location based upon ATP's needs.

Wanting to get back home to my wife and daughter, I declined to apply at the time, but expressed interest in returning to standardize when things pick up at a later date.
With that being said I am working as a freelance instructor at KRVS.

There's good money to be made by instructing at a FBO. Also picked up a part time job working the line crew at the same FBO. Its not always about finding the place to time build. There are great FBO's out there where you can instruct, work the desk/line crew, and network your butt off.

Lesson being it's not the end of the world that the industry's downturn has changed or stalled previously laid plans. Just keep an open mind, eyes and ears open....sometimes plan B poses an even better opportunity.

You might have heard about the 4 out of 6 being sent home because they werent needed. Not true. The 4 out of 6 KNOW why they were sent home. Any CFI at the JAX location can attest to that fact. To act like it was anything other than what it really was is to invite someone to post the truth- however embarrassing it might be.

Only one of the two who made it was trained in JAX. And I have seen the Standardization guys let people go who trained in Jax as well. It is a hiring process. For sometime now I have watched with amusement how people post how bad the quality of instructors are but cry foul when not everyone makes it into the ranks as CFI. :)
If the failure of others makes you feel better...

Kleigh.... are you currently an instructor at JAX. If not then I'd like to know how you can speak for why those guys were let go. If you are then thats cool, you probably know what your talking about, but if you aren't then how would you know. Nobody on this thread has ever said that the instructors at ATP are bad instructors. My instructor was an awesome instructor, most of the instructors I had the pleasure to get to know where great. There were a couple that weren't though. I know why I did not make it through standardization but to speak about what someone else said unless you have a way to disprove it. I did not what to start an agrument on this thread I was just trying to find out where people ended up.

Kleigh.... are you currently an instructor at JAX. If not then I'd like to know how you can speak for why those guys were let go. If you are then thats cool, you probably know what your talking about, but if you aren't then how would you know. Nobody on this thread has ever said that the instructors at ATP are bad instructors. My instructor was an awesome instructor, most of the instructors I had the pleasure to get to know where great. There were a couple that weren't though. I know why I did not make it through standardization but to speak about what someone else said unless you have a way to disprove it. I did not what to start an agrument on this thread I was just trying to find out where people ended up.
He is just overly proud of himself, within a few weeks he will realize that he is just yet another underpaid ATP instructor being worked like a slave while the others that were let go found better paying jobs with a better QOL.

I was at FTY during the summer of 1997. Instructed at Lagrange, Maxwell AFB Aeroclub, FFC, and CCO. Summer 1999 hired at Pace Airlines (737-200) then promptly furloughed. April 2000 - Continental Express (XJT). October 2006 - AirTran. September 2007 - Delta. That's my resume. So, exactly ten years to the day from completing ATP to being hired at Delta.

Yes, I am a CFI at CRG and have said so elsewhere. I know I do not work in a perfect company (there arent any) but I do like my job, work my tail off and take pride in my work. I work hard to produce a quality pilot and believe I do.

BillH, take time to read the post before replying. I in no way even insinuated that I enjoyed the failure of others. I don't. I responded to correct an unfair accusation that was false. Are we not trying to get good accurate info out there? And please, Bill, dont comment on the character of a person you havent met- it is kind of childish.

Kleigh- I did not know what you are a CFI at CRG. I'm just wanted to make sure you have a way to actually know what you were saying, rather then just thinking that ATP wouldn't do that. Anyways at this point can we get back to the reason for this thread. Thanks.

Started atp in nov 07 for ppl in atl, then went on to do acpp in atl where i finished at the end of april. Looked like i was going to get picked up by pinnacle, finished the jet course, then the "hiring boom" stopped, so now looking for work, and waiting to go to jax to attempt the stands process!

Started atp in nov 07 for ppl in atl, then went on to do acpp in atl where i finished at the end of april. Looked like i was going to get picked up by pinnacle, finished the jet course, then the "hiring boom" stopped, so now looking for work, and waiting to go to jax to attempt the stands process!

Where in Virginia are you? I know a few places looking for CFIs, let me know.

Opted out of CFI (passing checkrides were dependant on DP's mood therefore getting riskier and costlier as time went on) and working on particle accelerators for Siemens. CFI is still in the future. Not much money in flying these days at least for now. Hopefully someday.

I started the Private Program in PHX Sept 07.
Finished everything in Feb 08.
Instructed from Feb to July 08.
Got hired flying 135 Charter and AeroMed in Lear 25, 35 and 55s August 08.

Started ATP Jax in Jan 08 finished up in April 08. Studied up for the RJ course and completed that May 08. With the slow down in the industry I was unable to even score an interview. Still pushing for that job hoping things turn around soon. Turned down ATP's instructing gig at first. Then when i tried to get back in it was too late as they werent taking people in like they were.

Started ACPP in May 2005
Finished ACPP in August 2005
-Flight/Simulator Instructor
-Ground School Instructor
-Traffic Watch Pilot
-Infrared Aerial Imaging Pilot
-Scenic Pilot
-Charter Pilot
-Airline Pilot
-Furloughed? :D

Started PP JAX Oct 03
Started ACPP SAC Dec 03
Finished ACPP SAC April 04
Worked SAC June Dec 04
Flew Traffic (C172) Sac
C401 in the Carribbean 05
King Air (90-200) 05-06
Hired SkyWest July 06
Awarded Captain Nov 07

ACCP in SAC june'07 finished in Sept'07
Sept '07 Jet Course
Oct'07 ATP RIC as a instructor
Nov '07 American Eagle FO Emb-145
And after 10 months still only have way up on Reserve list

Started Self Paced Private 05/06. Started Self Paced ACPP 8/06. Finished 3/07. Hired by ATP 4/07. Hired by American Eagle 10/07 on the CRJ700. Hired by ATP to instruct the RJ Course 4/08. As of right now I am scheduled to be displaced out of the CRJ700 and I chose the ATR72. I could have had the ERJ (much more $$$) but would have been on RSV. On the ATR I can hold a line.

Back