ZSE knowledge and possible new ACTers there.

Zhaj

I hope I'm not posting too much, I've read over the forums so much and am just sitting on my thumbs waiting so it's hard not to converse :buck:

I'm wondering what people have heard about ZSE and of anyone that's planning on heading there. I've been to the facility twice and liked what I saw but I'm wondering how much of a biased view I received. Any and all thoughts welcome! :p That face is so cute..

I'm going to Seattle Center. I am probably biased too because I know a couple of controllers there, but to be honest I think it is one of the best centers in the country. Its in a good location, it's a level 10 center so it's not as busy, and every one there is super nice. I just met one of the managers from there here in OKC and she told us that ZSE is one of the most sought-after places to work because of the workload and the location. I visited the center once myself and fell in love with it.

Good deal :) Did you meet Jamie (SP) by chance? She's the top dog from what I understand. Personally I know Glen Wilhelm who's a manager at the facility and Paul Dehaan who's in training right now. Both great guys, hopefully if I can squeeze through I'll be able to introduce you to them sometime! I heard the same about it being sought after, but that sounded pretty loaded to me. Hell, when I worked at Papa John's all I heard was how damn great their pizza is :D

I visited ZSE a couple of months ago myself and fell in love with it... probably more than I should've allowed myself, since I'm somewhere around a week from hearing the location the panels selected for me and receiving anywhere else will be a disappointment.

Jamie is the facility manager. Got to speak with her briefly; she seemed nice. The lady who took my wife and I through -- whose name I forget at the moment -- was great. The controllers were welcoming and friendly, really acted like they'd like you to be a part of their group.

I took a tour back in April, I really enjoyed what I saw. I dont know if anybody remembers my name but thats ok, im just hoping for Seattle area or Spokane. ZSE would be a great location, my dad lives about 5 minutes away and I would love to be that guy that still lives at home.

HEHE I just got what i was w8ing for, invitation for PEPC from S46 Seattle TRACON good luck Center guys i hope will work together:) soon

HEHE I just got what i was w8ing for, invitation for PEPC from S46 Seattle TRACON good luck Center guys i hope will work together:) soon

Congrats! Did you put anything in the comments section on your geo prefs? Which pubnat were you in? Save a spot for me!

Actually i am a Greenriver College CTI Grad and in my Geo preferences i put 4 times Washington and 1 Oregon.

Actually i am a Greenriver College CTI Grad and in my Geo preferences i put 4 times Washington and 1 Oregon.
When did you graduate? I was going to GR all last year in CTI. I dropped out cause I got hired from a public announcement.

Hey Nathan I think i remember you. If i am not mistaken you were wearing hats in the class. My real name is Pavel remember me now? I graduated after winter Q 08 with First ever GRCC CTI class.

Hey Nathan I think i remember you. If i am not mistaken you were wearing hats in the class. My real name is Pavel remember me now? I graduated after winter Q 08 with First ever GRCC CTI class.
I remember you, but I didn't wear hats. I was the blond dude who also did vatsim

Back