Western Air Express

montanapilot

*I'm posting this on behalf of my CFI, It won't let him register with his yahoo address
confused.gif

Does anybody know anything about these guys? good, bad, indifferent?
http://www.westernairexpress.com/mos/

Thanks

I see them all the time runnig around salt lake. I'm pretty sure they're single pilot IFR. Big metroliners.. looks like a decent size company.

[/hijack, sorry\]

Speakin' of single pilot. Does anyone know (for a fact), if Ameriflight operates their BE1900's single pilot? I could've sworn they did, but my FO was certain that 1900's couldn't be flown single pilot and were strictly a two pilot airplane. Anyone know?

I don't know about Ameriflight, but I am certain you can have a Beech 1900 type for single pilot. I personally know two guys that do.

To hijack the thread even further...I learned something new the other day. Rather useless knowledge, but interesting anyways. Did you know that you can actually get a type in a King Air B200 (as in, the back of your license will say BE-20)? Bonus points if anyone knows how. There are two ways (that I know of), though one is probably more feasible than the other.
grin.gif

Thanks Marshall. About your comment; yeah, I know someone that has the type, Jim (650Capt.). The military flies the 200 at 14,500lbs., thus, needing a type rating. Or something like that.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[/hijack, sorry\]

Speakin' of single pilot. Does anyone know (for a fact), if Ameriflight operates their BE1900's single pilot? I could've sworn they did, but my FO was certain that 1900's couldn't be flown single pilot and were strictly a two pilot airplane. Anyone know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do. Back in my cargo days, the parking spot next to me at PHX was the Ameriflight 1900C flown by a single pilot. Single pilot type is allowable for 135 cargo ops.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Marshall. About your comment; yeah, I know someone that has the type, Jim (650Capt.). The military flies the 200 at 14,500lbs., thus, needing a type rating. Or something like that.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, thats one of them. The other apparently is a rather uncommon type of B200...it's got tip tanks, which put the gross weight over 12.5k. Apparently its a "B200T" model. I've never seen one, but met someone who got typed in one. Don't know if its just a mod. for a regular B200 or what. Thought it was kinda interesting though.

Anyways, back to the original topic...
smile.gif

Western metros are not flow single pilot.Lots of night freight but a good place to upgrade fast and build PIC time.

Back