Advice, making connections, meeting goals.

mooneyguy

been around forever
2007 seems like an eternity ago, it is when I joined jet careers. I don’t remember how I found out about it, I’m sure I just lurked for a while. I had a ppl, owned a mooney and had just decided to try to make a go of aviation as a career.
I had a 20+ hr career that i had just been furloughed from and decided to make a change, but how in the world do you do that?

Finally I jumped in and started reading everything I could find. JC became a regular stop in my new journey.
Seeking advice from those ahead, making friends with those in the same boat, and just trying to learn.

The instrument rating was the next step. From there on to commercial. There were so many of us here in the same phase, many of us followed the same path.
How many went to Siler city NC to train with Oscar for a multi commercial in his twin Comanche.
what about your CFI? how many went to see Michael in Olathe KS at career pilot school to knock out the CFI, CFII, and MEI in 30 days?

Then off for some flight instructing, until you had just the right number of multi time hours to get the call from Eagle.

all along the way this site was pivotal. There were those who were ahead, who offered advice, those who were at the same place who we bounced ideas off of and did our best to help each other, and eventually becoming one of those who had something to offer.

From CFI, to flying Corporate (my first turbine pic) and then back to the airlines, I’ve always had someone from here to talk with, and learn from.
Like many of you Captain Bob was one who was always ready to help. For nearly 15 years we kept in contact. We never actually met in person, but between JC, or FB, or email I always knew I could get some advice From him
JC literally helped me all the way from Instrument to today. Which is why Im Writing this long winded post.
this morning I finished my Upgrade with my 434 fed ride and my line check. As of today, I am officially an Airbus A-320 Captain

Doug, thank you for creating this site, to Bob for being himself, and to so many others, too many to list for being there along the way on this journey thank you all. I know many of us have lost touch, and admittedly I’m not as active as I once was, but anyone who ever has a question, needs anything at all, in the spirit of JC you can message me anytime. I‘m always happy to give back a little of what was given to me.

Last edited:
Congrats man! Where are you based these days? Obviously not Denver. :biggrin:
Thank you! I went from den to Atl trying to find a little seniority. Then I decided to take LAS for the upgrade. Making my rounds. Lol and you are correct. I’ll never see den CA. But I’m ok with that. Come on DFW!!!

Thank you! I went from den to Atl trying to find a little seniority. Then I decided to take LAS for the upgrade. Making my rounds. Lol and you are correct. I’ll never see den CA. But I’m ok with that. Come on DFW!!!
Nice! Maybe i will see you around in Vegas.

2007 seems like an eternity ago, it is when I joined jet careers. I don’t remember how I found out about it, I’m sure I just lurked for a while. I had a ppl, owned a mooney and had just decided to try to make a go of aviation as a career.
I had a 20+ hr career that i had just been furloughed from and decided to make a change, but how in the world do you do that?

Finally I jumped in and started reading everything I could find. JC became a regular stop in my new journey.
Seeking advice from those ahead, making friends with those in the same boat, and just trying to learn.

The instrument rating was the next step. From there on to commercial. There were so many of us here in the same phase, many of us followed the same path.
How many went to Siler city NC to train with Oscar for a multi commercial in his twin Comanche.
what about your CFI? how many went to see Michael in Olathe KS at career pilot school to knock out the CFI, CFII, and MEI in 30 days?

Then off for some flight instructing, until you had just the right number of multi time hours to get the call from Eagle.

all along the way this site was pivotal. There were those who were ahead, who offered advice, those who were at the same place who we bounced ideas off of and did our best to help each other, and eventually becoming one of those who had something to offer.

From CFI, to flying Corporate (my first turbine pic) and then back to the airlines, I’ve always had someone from here to talk with, and learn from.
Like many of you Captain Bob was one who was always ready to help. For nearly 15 years we kept in contact. We never actually met in person, but between JC, or FB, or email I always knew I could get some advice From him
JC literally helped me all the way from Instrument to today. Which is why Im Writing this long winded post.
this morning I finished my Upgrade with my 434 fed ride and my line check. As of today, I am officially an Airbus A-320 Captain

Doug, thank you for creating this site, to Bob for being himself, and to so many others, too many to list for being there along the way on this journey thank you all. I know many of us have lost touch, and admittedly I’m not as active as I once was, but anyone who ever has a question, needs anything at all, in the spirit of JC you can message me anytime. I‘m always happy to give back a little of what was given to me.
@Derg

Reactions: JEP
Back