Well, my turn :-)

PacMan4x4

You may or may not hear one bad thing about NJC 07--but sure as hell isn't comin' from me. Stacie (pilotwife76) and I had a fantastic time from the first night ice breaker. We were waiting for SEGGY and BANNANAPANCAKES at the pizza place...Stacie and I were whispering "is that him, nah...I was expecting more back hair....go ask him if he's a "jet" pilot". Went up and asked if he's SEGGY...since I didn't get knocked out, I assumed yes :) Next thing you know, we have a good size group throwin' back pizza/beer...and coke (sorry OLDTOWNPILOT)...I was offering to buy a few beers for the folks and asked OLDTOWNPILOT if he wanted a coke or something--he kindly reminded me he's over 21 and my wife said I was mean, hmmm. Well, the night progressed and we moved to the 9FI--more and more JCers were pouring out of the wood work and we filled the balcany and then it happend--the TAYLOR's arrived and it was like they were rock stars (pleasure meeting you both). At this time, everyone is shootin' the ##### and throwin' back a few--now, mind you, we are a few hours into the initial ice breaker and an outsider would probably think the group had known each other for years.
That's my first impression of this event and let me tell you....it carried through for the whole damn thing. It was awesome being around folks that love aviation as much as I do and like to talk about it, BUT....it I appreciated more finding out about the individuals themselves, being able to put character to a screenname (may or may not make sense, but I know what I was saying). Thought it was great for KRISTIE to set up a separate lunch for the ladies...I'm sure they were glad to get away from all the stories..."there I was, inverted on his six"...LOL...and do a lil' female socialization. I'm sure the number of significant others attending this event will be on the rise next year--folks, bring them out..it's good to meet the ones that support us in our lives, jobs, adventures.
I see I'm starting to ramble....I'll continue, there is so much to say. The recruiting event was a good opportunity to meet recruiters in a social, non-intimidating environment. I talked to Bill (Airnet recruiter/hiring board and the other guy in the interview gouges with Craig) and AVERYM (JCer, Airnet) quite a bit about Airnet and got a lot of first hand info. Let me elaorate on that...I sat and B.S'd with Bill--this is the name you see in the interview gouges who folks interview with at Airnet--we talked about the AF, since he's prior AF and I'm currently in; I asked and he gave an answer to one of their interview questions that I was trying to get an answer too; talked about how his wife ended up in Columbus, but didn't want to leave Illinois; talked about how he got into HR at Airnet...are ya'll catchin' my drift? I'm socializing/shootin' the s@*t with a fella who has the power to hire at a company I have done a lot of reading on. I didn't stay and talk to him, just because he recommends for hiring....he's a nice, down to earth guy. If I could interview next week with Airnet, my interview experience would be completely different sitting across from a table from Bill now as it would've been two weeks ago--I would be a lot more relaxed PacMan4x4. Besides, he even stayed the following day and attended our industry round table sessions and contributed to our discussions.
Claudette (American Eagle recruiter) came over to a small group of us (a few that didn't have near the times to apply) and shot the s@#t a bit and told us about a new program Eagle is trying out to get more new hires--should read/hear more about this in the near future.
The main event was a great time--I met so many friggin' people that night and was awesome hangin' out with folks that love aviation (I think I've said that twice in this thread) and find out more about them as individuals.....I could go on and on.
Okay, my post is getting longer so I'll stop shortly.....if you want to attend an awesome event and have a great time in Vegas, plan on NJC 08--it'll be worth it. Doug/Kristie.....THANK YOU so much. Stacie and I had a wonderful time and meeting ya'll just topped it :) We look forward to future NJC events.

Pac Man

It was great to meet you since we missed the red flag meeting. Remember to look me up next time your in town.

Bryan,
We had a great time and Sandra and I really enjoyed getting to know you and Stacie. Thanks so much for the free rides to the tour and Isles as well! We really have to fly up there and have lunch one of these weeks soon!

Should I tell the story about the exit row on my CLE-LAS flight.....ah well that was the the first time I have been mistaken for someone that was 14.

FA comes back to sit in the JS that was right across from me as we are pulling out onto the runway and she turns to me and asks "are you old enough to sit in the exit row?" yes she was making sure I was at least 15.

My reply: Yeah I'm old enough for you to get me a drink latter on"

She apologized ;)

Yeah I look young

Should I tell the story about the exit row on my CLE-LAS flight.....ah well that was the the first time I have been mistaken for someone that was 14.

FA comes back to sit in the JS that was right across from me as we are pulling out onto the runway and she turns to me and asks "are you old enough to sit in the exit row?" yes she was making sure I was at least 15.

My reply: Yeah I'm old enough for you to get me a drink latter on"

She apologized ;)

Yeah I look young

Classic!!!

You may or may not hear one bad thing about NJC 07--but sure as hell isn't comin' from me. Stacie (pilotwife76) and I had a fantastic time from the first night ice breaker. We were waiting for SEGGY and BANNANAPANCAKES at the pizza place...Stacie and I were whispering "is that him, nah...I was expecting more back hair....go ask him if he's a "jet" pilot". Went up and asked if he's SEGGY...since I didn't get knocked out, I assumed yes :) Next thing you know, we have a good size group throwin' back pizza/beer...and coke (sorry OLDTOWNPILOT)...I was offering to buy a few beers for the folks and asked OLDTOWNPILOT if he wanted a coke or something--he kindly reminded me he's over 21 and my wife said I was mean, hmmm. Well, the night progressed and we moved to the 9FI--more and more JCers were pouring out of the wood work and we filled the balcany and then it happend--the TAYLOR's arrived and it was like they were rock stars (pleasure meeting you both). At this time, everyone is shootin' the ##### and throwin' back a few--now, mind you, we are a few hours into the initial ice breaker and an outsider would probably think the group had known each other for years.
That's my first impression of this event and let me tell you....it carried through for the whole damn thing. It was awesome being around folks that love aviation as much as I do and like to talk about it, BUT....it I appreciated more finding out about the individuals themselves, being able to put character to a screenname (may or may not make sense, but I know what I was saying). Thought it was great for KRISTIE to set up a separate lunch for the ladies...I'm sure they were glad to get away from all the stories..."there I was, inverted on his six"...LOL...and do a lil' female socialization. I'm sure the number of significant others attending this event will be on the rise next year--folks, bring them out..it's good to meet the ones that support us in our lives, jobs, adventures.
I see I'm starting to ramble....I'll continue, there is so much to say. The recruiting event was a good opportunity to meet recruiters in a social, non-intimidating environment. I talked to Bill (Airnet recruiter/hiring board and the other guy in the interview gouges with Craig) and AVERYM (JCer, Airnet) quite a bit about Airnet and got a lot of first hand info. Let me elaorate on that...I sat and B.S'd with Bill--this is the name you see in the interview gouges who folks interview with at Airnet--we talked about the AF, since he's prior AF and I'm currently in; I asked and he gave an answer to one of their interview questions that I was trying to get an answer too; talked about how his wife ended up in Columbus, but didn't want to leave Illinois; talked about how he got into HR at Airnet...are ya'll catchin' my drift? I'm socializing/shootin' the s@*t with a fella who has the power to hire at a company I have done a lot of reading on. I didn't stay and talk to him, just because he recommends for hiring....he's a nice, down to earth guy. If I could interview next week with Airnet, my interview experience would be completely different sitting across from a table from Bill now as it would've been two weeks ago--I would be a lot more relaxed PacMan4x4. Besides, he even stayed the following day and attended our industry round table sessions and contributed to our discussions.
Claudette (American Eagle recruiter) came over to a small group of us (a few that didn't have near the times to apply) and shot the s@#t a bit and told us about a new program Eagle is trying out to get more new hires--should read/hear more about this in the near future.
The main event was a great time--I met so many friggin' people that night and was awesome hangin' out with folks that love aviation (I think I've said that twice in this thread) and find out more about them as individuals.....I could go on and on.
Okay, my post is getting longer so I'll stop shortly.....if you want to attend an awesome event and have a great time in Vegas, plan on NJC 08--it'll be worth it. Doug/Kristie.....THANK YOU so much. Stacie and I had a wonderful time and meeting ya'll just topped it :) We look forward to future NJC events.

Pac Man

Glad we could help out a little, man. Give me a call/PM if you need anything!

Hey Brian, hope you did all right on the poker table when I left on tues night! I had a great time hanging out with Stacie and yourself and as Jeromy had mentioned it was real nice of you to offer us rides to the events. Looking fwd to meeting you guys again real soon. By the way, pm your address so I can send you the DVD's.

SeanD....I'll PM you to make sure I still have your cell (it's still in my phone) and I should be there from 1 - 12 Dec. I'll dorp you a shout if you want to hook up for a beer.

AVERYM....thanks for providing info and taking time to chat. I didn't realize until late that night that you were a JCer (until you put your JC nametag on). I thought I was talking to another Airnet recruiter type. It was my pleasure to meet ya and ya'll (you and Bill) represented your company well. Will definitely give Airnet consideration when I hit closer to 135 mins.

LOADMASTER....Stacie and I enjoyed ya'lls company too. It was good for the wives to get along. We'll have to hook up again some time.

STAVIATOR...great getting to know you and spendin' time walking to one end of the strip and back :) My feet were killin' me.

Back