United Airlines Flight Diverts After Toilet Contents Flow Into Cabin

Oxman

A flight en route from Frankfurt, Germany, to San Francisco, California, had to return Friday after the contents of the toilet poured into the cabin, Fox News reported. United Airlines flight turned around after a malfunctioning toilet caused waste tank contents to spill into the passenger area, according to Fox News. The sewage from a broken toilet spilled inside the plane and the problem made the Boeing 777 turn back to where it started after they couldn’t fix it while flying.

A spokesperson from United Airlines clarified the situation and said that the plane had to go back to Frankfurt because of a problem with the toilet system. The passengers were given hotel rooms to stay in overnight and were placed on different flights the next day.

“On Friday, March 29, United Flight 59 returned to Frankfurt following a maintenance issue with one of the aircraft’s lavatories,” a spokesperson for United Airlines told The Sun. The airline resolved the issue by providing overnight hotel accommodations for the passengers and arranging for them to take different flights the next day, The Sun stated

👀

1712808820549.png

It is not SOP to dump the tanks in FRA? I’ve been to some FBOs & airports that don’t do pac service because they lack the equipment, training, licensing. I find it hard to believe there was that much fresh waste in the tank that early into the flight.

A flight en route from Frankfurt, Germany, to San Francisco, California, had to return Friday after the contents of the toilet poured into the cabin, Fox News reported. United Airlines flight turned around after a malfunctioning toilet caused waste tank contents to spill into the passenger area, according to Fox News. The sewage from a broken toilet spilled inside the plane and the problem made the Boeing 777 turn back to where it started after they couldn’t fix it while flying.

A spokesperson from United Airlines clarified the situation and said that the plane had to go back to Frankfurt because of a problem with the toilet system. The passengers were given hotel rooms to stay in overnight and were placed on different flights the next day.

“On Friday, March 29, United Flight 59 returned to Frankfurt following a maintenance issue with one of the aircraft’s lavatories,” a spokesperson for United Airlines told The Sun. The airline resolved the issue by providing overnight hotel accommodations for the passengers and arranging for them to take different flights the next day, The Sun stated
Damn!

I don't know how you airline guys do it. Especially considering the state of the OEMS these days.

But, really?? Back flow check valves work good, and last a long time. And, I hear the new digital containment vessel level sensors have come waaaaay down in price lately.

Last edited:
It is not SOP to dump the tanks in FRA? I’ve been to some FBOs & airports that don’t do pac service because they lack the equipment, training, licensing. I find it hard to believe there was that much fresh waste in the tank that early into the flight.
Didn't you get the memo? France don't take no... ****. Can't say that très terrible word here. Can only let that terrible reality flow in real life.

Also, it was likely (as is so typical these days) the mousse de saumon.

Didn't you get the memo? France don't take no... ****. Can't say that très terrible word here. Can only let that terrible reality flow in real life.

Also, it was likely (as is so typical these days) the mousse de saumon.

1712861129497.png

Complete the captcha then try again.

Wow! No sense of humor... of any kind?? Really? (Granted, if you're not a Monty Python fan, you probably didn't get the reference for joke number 2.)

Uh, no. FRA is the IATA identifier for an airport, not abbreviation for France.

Uh, no. FRA is the IATA identifier for an airport, not abbreviation for France.
Doh! Yup! YOU are absolutely correct! Ich bin ein Trottel! Still, they ESPECIALLY don't take no **** in Germany! Kein Scheiß!! Niemals, niemals! Und da wäre es die wienrshnitzle!

In his defense, technically both "France" and the "Frank" part of the name Frankfurt have the same etymology.

I agree, and can see how that would ordinarily be a point of confusion, however with the original post being about a departure from Frankfurt airport (FRA/ EDDF), the AI bot overlooked or couldn't keep up with the subject.

Back