United Airlines passenger describes ‘heeby-jeeby-goose-bumpy’ ants-infested flight as ‘ant-mageddon’

Oxman

:ooh:

Passengers were itching to get off a recent flight invaded by a swarm of ants.
A United Airlines flight heading from Venice, Italy, to Newark, N.J., on Monday was seemingly overrun by the insects, according to a disturbed passenger who tweeted the horror story she dubbed “ant-mageddon.” The airline confirmed the ants’ presence after the plane landed around 2 p.m.

The passenger, Charlotte Burns, described spotting the New Jersey-bound critters on five separate occasions before the situation turned “rapidly less relaxing.”
According to the Twitter thread, a nearby passenger was "on ant watch” and told Burns he had “seen a parade – a parade! – of six of [them] in the overhead locker.”

Burns urged a United employee to remove the luggage from the overhead bin but they had to wait till the owner of the baggage woke up. When the passenger obliged by removing his luggage, they spotted “ANTS! Ants lie beneath.”

“The guy in front pulls down his case ... and ants ants ants spill out, running in every which direction,” Burns tweeted. “This is absolutely heeby-jeeby-goose-bumpy-get-me-a-gin-gross.”
In a statement provided to the Daily News, United confirmed the disturbing ordeal.

“We are concerned by the experience a customer reported on United flight 169 from Venice to Newark,” the statement read. “We had been in contact with the crew during the flight, where they advised the ants were isolated from a customer’s bag in the overhead bin, and was contained to a limited area of the cabin."

A United spokesman told The News that the incident was isolated to the flight’s Polaris Business Class cabin.
When the flight landed in Newark, the statement said the plane “has [to] be taken out of service for extermination.”

"We followed proper protocol by notifying customs, immigration, as well as agriculture of the issue," United concluded.
The customer who owned the infested luggage told the airline he didn’t know the ants were in his baggage, the spokesman explained.

Ah, the horror ...

Pretty sure I have more than six ants in my house at any given moment. Even more spiders.

Just hate the people who think we’re the only inhabitants of the planet.

“Really, you saw a coyote? Did it attack you? No?”

Why the • did you call 911, then? No one is going to do anything about it.

6fbc79080e5921ebd7dfd44dff0d9971.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

A lot of provinces up here have bounties on coyotes. Friggin things are dangerous.

They’ve hit that level of comfort with people that we don’t scare them anymore.

Partly due to us encroaching building suburbs in their areas and partly due to decades of us not going the old shoot/sick herding dogs on model our farming forefathers had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally stealing this. My neighborhood FB page yentas are always posting about coyote sightings like it's an alien invasion and to stay inside. This will be my reply.
If it's my neighbors' genetic mutant, useless, yappy lap dogs vs coyotes, I'm going to start baiting the coyotes into the neighborhood.

Back