Delta flight to Mexican resort city of Cabo diverted after passenger dies on board

Oh I’ve done 300 knots below 10K in a 737 on arrival (12+ miles out) into FLL, darned-near barber-polled it on a high speed arrival into TXL (“High speed approved”), no big deal.

Hell, in an MD-90 near max gross weight, your clean speed is almost 270 knots.

That was a stupid trick some would do when I was MCO-based. It's all fun and games until you don't manage your speed and stop short.
Highly inadvisable—inertia managed or otherwise—with modern marshaling. Longest ten feet in the world.

/ /

Highly inadvisable—inertia managed or otherwise—with modern marshaling. Longest ten feet in the world.

/ /
With 0 consideration of where the plane is behind the nose wheel.
Most, not all, seem to stare at the nose wheel only. Some stations are better than others.

Thank god they didn’t have any of those non-highly-standardized corporate type pilots behind the yoke!
Seriously! Those nuckle-draggers shouldn't even be allowed to look at airplanes, let alone drive them. ...sure as shootin' shouldn't be allowed to try to spell knuckle.

I recall a certain pilot that owned the company and some of the airplanes and if something wasn't right he'd taxi back to the ramp/hangar and cut the engines as he coasted into the hangar. He would sometimes be a bit grumpy and figured we'd probably figure it out faster if he didn't need to wait for line service to bring it in. I hate Lear Jets.

I've also seen a very angry pilot in an unlimited gold racer getting ham-fisted enough with the throttle that I honestly thought it was going torque one of the main wheels off of the ground.

Back