UAL to require all employees to get vaccinated

Do you honestly believe we have any actual power over the climate? It seems like a very arrogant opinion to assume we, as a species, can have any appreciable, long lasting effect on our planet. I suspect (my own personal opinion that I will not provide references for) that our climate is absolutey changing and the change seems to be accelerating, I'm not convinced that it's our fault. We can't even figure out our own origins on this planet (that was here for billions of years before us), and we think we somehow understand and are responsible for its well being. In todays popular vernacular "virus" is a very popular term, it has been applied to any number of things by any number of people, it might be computers, politics, education, agriculture or our health. All of those things are specifically related to our well being, but what if on a larger scale we are a virus on this planet? I wish it was a garden of eden but it's not, I suspect the dinosaurs felt the same way. I've said in the past that I'm not a huge fan of the sun, my northeastern European heritage has left me decidedly ill-prepared to scamper around under its constant attack and I have a very odd love/hate relationship with it, I love it when it's out and I'm in the shade and I hate its direct assault. This planet isn't going anywhere, we as a species might or might not. Even in our relatively short time on this whirling dervish we, as a species, have managed to survive a few of these major climate changes in the past more than once. If you're worried about the species, don't, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. If you're worried about your grandkids I don't know what to tell you, I never reproduced.

_103330503_musk3.jpg

Look, I get that for whatever reason you've had a crappier time than most as far as knowing people who have suffered bad outcomes with COVID. But I'll take the CDC's word in this instance over your anecdotal evidence. The data shows you are incredibly unlikely to suffer death or hospitalization after being fully vaccinated.

My company is pretty small and I'm unaware of anybody who has been fully vaccinated even being out sick, much less hospitalized from COVID. Which is why anecdotal evidence is worthless.
I am sick of people not taking it seriously. I know breakthrough infections are rare, but they are happening and the CDC addresses it. My point was that cavalier people who were not vaccinated got a vaccinated, masked and careful person sick. And I am through tolerating and being kind to the people like those who got her sick.

And the reason I have experienced a “crazier time” is that my human services organization is in direct care with medically vulnerable people. I have sent out more than 600 notifications of exposure. They stopped fora while in the spring but now they are increasing again. I am exhausted.

There was one • survivor in 2015.

One survivor once they became symptomatic.

Some lucky people have a year + incubation period, think they’ve not gotten it, and then die an agonizing death - depending on which part of the brain they settle in it can go many different directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sick of people not taking it seriously. I know breakthrough infections are rare, but they are happening and the CDC addresses it. My point was that cavalier people who were not vaccinated got a vaccinated, masked and careful person sick. And I am through tolerating and being kind to the people like those who got her sick.

And the reason I have experienced a “crazier time” is that my human services organization is in direct care with medically vulnerable people. I have sent out more than 600 notifications of exposure. They stopped fora while in the spring but now they are increasing again. I am exhausted.

Then you understand that dealing with medically vulnerable people would tend to over represent the severity of COVID in comparison to the population as a whole.

But as a fully vaxxed person, I’m not “staying home and staying safe” or any of that crap anymore.

Then you understand that dealing with medically vulnerable people would tend to over represent the severity of COVID in comparison to the population as a whole.

But as a fully vaxxed person, I’m not “staying home and staying safe” or any of that crap anymore.
No one said to stay home.

People have survived falling out of an airplane without a parachute, too.

But hey, see how that works out for you.

That’s like my recurring nightmare. Falling from an airplane and surviving the fall into a wet field.

I can’t remember if it started before or after I almost augered into a freshly-plowed field when I got lazy and let my student get into a spin during a VMC demo years ago. I can still smell the dirt.

Even with 99.7% survival, hospitals are STUFFED with people who will eventually survive with proper care. But in the mean time, the rest of civilized society who took the vaccines don't have a bed in case we need critical care for anything.
Not even going to debate the whole percentage argument (which also pisses me off) because of how correct the rest of this is. I spent the night on a ER gurney waiting for a room thanks to the hospital being full of unvaccinated idiots. I’m lucky—I just ended up with a messed up back and debilitating headaches for a week. I’m sure others were less fortunate.

Also, the condition I was diagnosed with was missed at a point that would’ve kept me out of the hospital thanks to the urgent care I went to while I was in the road being swamped (local COVID outbreak) and because of a nationwide reagent shortage for the blood test I needed (the supplies are also used for COVID).

If you’re unvaccinated, eligible to be vaccinated, and don’t have a legitimate medical reason (hint, there are very few) I’m out of patience. The vaccines are safe and effective and that’s not debatable. I’m now fighting with the FAA to get my medical back as a direct result of selfish idiots swamping our healthcare system.

At this point the overwhelming majority of COVID hospitalizations are the unvaccinated. This situation is completely avoidable. At a minimum I think the insurance industry should deny any claims resulting from these hospitalizations. Baseball, apple pie, and crippling medical debt are about as American as it gets.

I get that... but your stance isn't as simple as just "no government mandates" then.
Are you misunderstanding a piece of his position maybe?

Todd not wanting a governmental mandate to wear a mask is consistent with his also not wanting to patronize a hotel that has put in their own mask mandate. He's consistently against both kinds of mask mandates.

Edit: nm, I read the rest of the thread, y'all figured it out.

Out of curiosity, how often do you travel out of the continental US? More specifically off the North American continent.

Holy wow. Weren’t you the Marine Mechanic hoping to get into aviation a few years ago? And weren’t you the guy who came to this website for help and advice? And you ask the guy who CREATED this site specifically and solely to help guys like you out that?

Back