UAL to require all employees to get vaccinated

Generally employment related vaccine injury is covered as a work action- workers comp - but those have been for fully approved vaccines.

Workers comp is (generally) very limited in duration. That's why I referenced the long term disability policy.

One of our senior staffers just went on the Boy Scout camp at Philmont. She is very cautious and fully Pfizer vaccinated. She now has the Delta variant and is very sick.

Stop being so cavalier. People are sick and dying. People can’t work because events are cancelled again. I am through with people refusing to do simple things that prevent the further spread of the virus.

Look, I get that for whatever reason you've had a crappier time than most as far as knowing people who have suffered bad outcomes with COVID. But I'll take the CDC's word in this instance over your anecdotal evidence. The data shows you are incredibly unlikely to suffer death or hospitalization after being fully vaccinated.

My company is pretty small and I'm unaware of anybody who has been fully vaccinated even being out sick, much less hospitalized from COVID. Which is why anecdotal evidence is worthless.

Point / Counterpoint

Mother Nature is being destroyed by humans, fossil fuels, warming of planet, etc.

Mother Nature releases a virus as a form of self protection, to cull the herds so to speak. Yet we resist and fight against something the planet (and evolution) meant to thin out the population on earth, ensuring surviving population is less than before the virus, and overall lesser impact on earth in terms of damage.

In the Matrix, think of it as entire crops were lost (as the Agent puts it). Are we going against what nature intended? If not Matrix, the Happening - except it isn’t a suicidal virus, it’s a respiratory one.

Point / Counterpoint

Mother Nature is being destroyed by humans, fossil fuels, warming of planet, etc.

Mother Nature releases a virus as a form of self protection, to cull the herds so to speak. Yet we resist and fight against something the planet (and evolution) meant to thin out the population on earth, ensuring surviving population is less than before the virus, and overall lesser impact on earth in terms of damage.

In the Matrix, think of it as entire crops were lost (as the Agent puts it). Are we going against what nature intended? If not Matrix, the Happening - except it isn’t a suicidal virus, it’s a respiratory one.
It's why vaccines and masks are useless. The virus is going to have its way regardless.

Let me introduce you to my friend George.

"Fatalist."

Good word. Ironic too, since you'd almost certainly die a slow, not very pleasant death in that instance without a rabies vaccine.

Stupidity incarnate.
When it's not your time, it's not your time.

Also, is there such a thing as a pleasant death, other than maybe while sleeping?

I would list most deaths as, unpleasant.

If you ever get bit by a rabid animal, I trust you’ll reject getting a rabies vaccine immediately then. Correct?
Do you honestly believe we have any actual power over the climate? It seems like a very arrogant opinion to assume we, as a species, can have any appreciable, long lasting effect on our planet. I suspect (my own personal opinion that I will not provide references for) that our climate is absolutey changing and the change seems to be accelerating, I'm not convinced that it's our fault. We can't even figure out our own origins on this planet (that was here for billions of years before us), and we think we somehow understand and are responsible for its well being. In todays popular vernacular "virus" is a very popular term, it has been applied to any number of things by any number of people, it might be computers, politics, education, agriculture or our health. All of those things are specifically related to our well being, but what if on a larger scale we are a virus on this planet? I wish it was a garden of eden but it's not, I suspect the dinosaurs felt the same way. I've said in the past that I'm not a huge fan of the sun, my northeastern European heritage has left me decidedly ill-prepared to scamper around under its constant attack and I have a very odd love/hate relationship with it, I love it when it's out and I'm in the shade and I hate its direct assault. This planet isn't going anywhere, we as a species might or might not. Even in our relatively short time on this whirling dervish we, as a species, have managed to survive a few of these major climate changes in the past more than once. If you're worried about the species, don't, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. If you're worried about your grandkids I don't know what to tell you, I never reproduced.

Last edited:
Do you honestly believe we have any actual power over the climate? It seems like a very arrogant opinion to assume we, as a species, can have any appreciable, long lasting effect on our planet. I suspect (my own personal opinion that I will not provide references for) that our climate is absolutey changing and the change seems to be accelerating, I'm not convinced that it's our fault. We can't even figure out our own origins on this planet (that was here for billions of years before us), and we think we somehow understand and are responsible for its well being. In todays popular vernacular "virus" is a very popular term, it has been applied to any number of things by any number of people, it might be computers, politics, education, agriculture or our health. All of those things are specifically related to our well being, but what if on a larger scale we are a virus on this planet? I wish it was a garden of eden but it's not, I suspect the dinosaurs felt the same way. I've said in the past that I'm not a huge fan of the sun, my northeastern European heritage has left me decidedly ill-prepared to scamper around under its constant attack and I have a very odd love/hate relationship with it, I love it when it's out and I'm in the shade and I hate it's direct assault. This planet isn't going anywhere, we as a species might or might not. Even in our relatively short time on this whirling dervish we, as a species, have managed to survive a few of these major climate changes in the past more than once. If you're worried about the species, don't, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. If you're worried about your grandkids I don't know what to tell you, I never reproduced.

This is what happens when you forget to take your meds, folks.

When it's not your time, it's not your time.

Also, is there such a thing as a pleasant death, other than maybe while sleeping?

I would list most deaths as, unpleasant.

There was one • survivor in 2015.

Do you honestly believe we have any actual power over the climate? It seems like a very arrogant opinion to assume we, as a species, can have any appreciable, long lasting effect on our planet. I suspect (my own personal opinion that I will not provide references for) that our climate is absolutey changing and the change seems to be accelerating, I'm not convinced that it's our fault. We can't even figure out our own origins on this planet (that was here for billions of years before us), and we think we somehow understand and are responsible for its well being. In todays popular vernacular "virus" is a very popular term, it has been applied to any number of things by any number of people, it might be computers, politics, education, agriculture or our health. All of those things are specifically related to our well being, but what if on a larger scale we are a virus on this planet? I wish it was a garden of eden but it's not, I suspect the dinosaurs felt the same way. I've said in the past that I'm not a huge fan of the sun, my northeastern European heritage has left me decidedly ill-prepared to scamper around under its constant attack and I have a very odd love/hate relationship with it, I love it when it's out and I'm in the shade and I hate its direct assault. This planet isn't going anywhere, we as a species might or might not. Even in our relatively short time on this whirling dervish we, as a species, have managed to survive a few of these major climate changes in the past more than once. If you're worried about the species, don't, there's nothing you can do about it anyway. If you're worried about your grandkids I don't know what to tell you, I never reproduced.
You should try science. Works well, lasts a long time.

Back