UAL to require all employees to get vaccinated

What is the statistical likelihood of Deputy Doofy being vaccinated vs. that Nobel Laureate of yours?

I think maybe you misunderstood me. I was speaking to the reality, not the propriety. As far as propriety goes, we are 100% in concert.

Very little. I think I maybe convinced two people to examine their idiotic prejudices after trying gently with perhaps fifty, and I've no idea whether they got uh Red Pilled or whatever (?). But here's the thing: There are no points awarded for being Right in this game. You or I will die just as fast as anyone else (statistically, maybe you or I have a particular genetic resistance, but you get the idea) when the next, radically more virulent virus comes along. Again, this isn't a moral question, it's purely practical. Viruses do not have a conception of "should" and if they could laugh they'd laugh at Virtue. The ONLY practical thing which can be done (beyond the Herculean efforts of our Scientists) is attempting to break the waves of ignorance.

Consider: If you, and I, and everyone else convinced *one* person who was previously vaccine-hesitant early on, this thing might never have become endemic.

As ever, being on the "right side of History" (or whatever) isn't easy. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.
99% on board with you.

The 1% is that I think the moral aspect is important too, at least personally. Including the aspect of “protecting and helping others” is the morally correct viewpoint, and could be added as icing on your already delicious logic cake.

This is one of those efforts where we may never get to see the fruits of our labors, but if even a few people rethink, and maybe modify (even slightly) their anti-do-it-for-the-common-good stance, then we will have made a positive contribution to society.

(And to save effort for the “you’re a hypocrit” anti-SteveC crowd, I’ll stipulate that I had more than my share of “let ‘em die” moments, and “yeah, but you’re stupid!” posts - no need to search unless you’re bored. I’d like to think I’m evolving past that attitude and am trying to join Boris on a higher plane (plain?).)

Oh for sure Boris. I think the answer is to stop trying to control others......that is the root of maybe all our societal problems. I guess that was my unspelled point. Stop trying to legislate me into going to church (that's a stretch, but I know it is the end goal, if not the handmaid's tale), and I can stop bothering people about getting a vaccine (I don't actually bother anyone) that might save their life. No skin off my back.

Every American adult was born free, and has the right to destroy their bodies in whatever ways they see fit, no different than drinking yourself to death. Now that we have a free, easily available, and efficacious vaccine, then Covid becomes a preventable cause of death.

Someone thinks vaccines are BS and wants to die for country? Covid will oblige them.

Back