Trump wants his personal Pilot to lead the FAA

I actually understand where you're coming from here, and somewhat agree with tone, if not content. Pilots are a pretty weird group, and we spend quite a long time kinda trashing the job in a weird, faux-deprecating-narcissist sort of way. It's not 'cool' to take the job seriously, believe in your fellow pilots, appreciate how difficult the job can be and how much time, effort and dedication it takes to get there. People overestimate the ability and knowledge of other professions, and denigrate their own.

Anyway, ...

Very well said. It something that when it continuously goes on, I’m SMH.

Why on earth would an experienced airline/military pilot want to head up the FAA anyway? Trumps guy has a pretty awesome, well paying job flying around a 757. Regardless if his boss is a POS.
Wasn't Captain Sully offered the gig and pretty much said "hell no"?

Last edited:
Also, the paycheck once you re-enter the private sector again. Good resume enhancer.

One night I was out at a restaurant and recognized someone at the bar. They were previously the director of the FAA and in the private sector at the time. So I walked up to them and said, "Excuse me, but are you __________ ?" Their response was pretty funny - "Yes, I am and you must be a pilot." I laughed, then realized who else would recognize them? So we chatted for a while. Really pleasant experience, and I still have their card.

Back