Trump wants his personal Pilot to lead the FAA

From what I can find is that he had a traditional career as thousands of others, with a little bit of face time on the show about the refurbishment of the 757. If his top qualification was turning to DJT and saying "You know we would not have any delays if a pilot ran the FAA." then no. It would be no surprise that he appoints loyalists and not qualified people for open vacancies. Insert Tom Price, Mooch, Comey, etc. While there might be some truth to the lack of efficiency in parts of the the FAA, but a quick comment made in haste about departure delays does not make one understand the big picture.

There is a lot more to the FAA then delays out of EWR & JFK. What is his knowledge of and plans for the civilian space race, drones, autonomous vehicles, labor force demand in the professional world, 117 cargo carve out, keeping recreational aviation alive, alternative propulsion methods and fuels...

The Agency has over 45K employees, 19 Billion $ budget, we need the right person there not "I hire only the best" kinda guy...:eek:
I hope that this is not going to be the same fiasco and chaos that is now indigenous to the WH ..

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/25/politics/trump-pilot-faa-nomination/index.html
Well, Trump hires only the most magnificent and bigly pilots. Just ask Vince Caldara.

The best overall staffing strategy at this point would be to do nothing... anywhere. See if we can ride out the next two years, wake up with a bad hangover and move forward judiciously, having learned our lesson.

Well, Trump hires only the most magnificent and bigly pilots. Just ask Vince Caldara.

The best overall staffing strategy at this point would be to do nothing... anywhere. See if we can ride out the next two years, wake up with a bad hangover and move forward judiciously, having learned our lesson.

Yeah except there is no one that's going to be any better next time (just different...)

And your plan if it’s 6 years?

Yeah except there is no one that's going to be any better next time (just different...)
Are you saying there is no one who could be a better president than Trump? Or are you saying there is no one who could be a better FAA boss than Trump's pilot?
Either way, I guess I would strongly recommend an eye exam... both near and distant vision. ;)

Are you saying there is no one who could be a better president than Trump? Or are you saying there is no one who could be a better FAA boss than Trump's pilot?
Either way, I guess I would strongly recommend an eye exam... both near and distant vision. ;)

No I'm saying in 2 years we trade one idiot for a different idiot..... ;)

As for who to run the FAA, I honestly don't know enough about the big picture to even take a guess.

That one is out of place, but it is someone that has had first hand experience about loyalty towards him and we know how that turned out.
Bigly.

Off topic, but Comey got a really bad rap for the email thing if you really read into all the shady crap that happened. Probably don't necessarily agree with everything he's been a part of, but he at least seems like he has a sense of integrity.

Back