Trump wants his personal Pilot to lead the FAA

No one will ever get investment advice from me. Even family.

Third career.
1. Military
2. Finance
3. Aviation.

I have been flying airplanes since I was 5 years old. My dad was a fighter pilot in the AF, and then corporate aviation.

Man, you need to find one thing and just stick with it. You’re never going to get anywhere in life job hopping like that!
:)

I hate to say it, but if you can’t find the idiot in the room...

This is happening to me more frequently the older I get.

Oh good grief, I had a jumpseater tell me that he's a financial advisor. I asked how hard it was to get his CFP and "series 7" and he looked at me like I had a taco on my head.

Given who you are and your posting history, the odds are greater than zero that there was, in fact, a taco on your head.

One thing I learned when I took a management training class is that this is not at all unique to aviation. There were folks in my class from IT, Sales, production, financial management, aviation...and almost to a T we were all in the same boat of excelling at our jobs and then being faced with a steep learning curve when transitioning to a more managerial/hands off role.

Dunning-Kruger manifests in all sorts of ways. This is one of the things I like about being in sales....commissions and quotas tend to be a great leveler and weed out the hubris and incompetence on their own.

You mean you don't want any investment advice from a pilot? "I'm a day trader......."

Oh good grief, I had a jumpseater tell me that he's a financial advisor. I asked how hard it was to get his CFP and "series 7" and he looked at me like I had a taco on my head.

I mean, I had a taco on my head, but that isn't the point!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back to the original subject, every air traffic controller in the world knows that every pilot in the world (and I include myself when I am on that side of the mic) thinks that they are the only plane in the sky at any given time. Their request is always more important, and they always know best. I am sure that kind of mentality is what led Trump's personal pilot to remark that if a pilot ran the agency, there would be no delays into LGA. Not very confidence inspiring to me. Not to mention that he managed a flight department that "forgot" to pay the $15 registration fee on Trump's C750.

I thought Huerta did a pretty good job. He has an extensive resume of managing large transportation hubs and temporary projects.

Given the Trump administrations tendency to put people who actively tried to dismantle/fight against/find loopholes in charge of the agencies they were against, my guess is the next head of the FAA will be Shuster.

Given the Trump administrations tendency to put people who actively tried to dismantle/fight against/find loopholes in charge of the agencies they were against, my guess is the next head of the FAA will be Shuster.
Especially since he just announced his retirement. That nightmare had not crossed my mind though :(

Well, Trump hires only the most magnificent and bigly pilots. Just ask Vince Caldara.

The best overall staffing strategy at this point would be to do nothing... anywhere. See if we can ride out the next two years, wake up with a bad hangover and move forward judiciously, having learned our lesson.

Oh Boy I see what you meant by Vince Caldara... The link below is very troubling...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...nepotism-for-future-generations-1171297859780

Back