Thunderstorm avoidance

Now in the Pilatus (flying EMS) I have to fly like a RJ pilot, if I scare the medcrew, I probably won't have a job. I miss freight...
Your med crew are not seasoned.

With a patient on board is different story.

It really amazes me the lengths the freight pilots go through delivering the bull semen and sex toys (not necessarily used for the same thing, but I'm not judgin) on time, while Joe Medevac with a heart attack patient in the back flies around.

It really amazes me the lengths the freight pilots go through delivering the bull semen and sex toys (not necessarily used for the same thing, but I'm not judgin) on time, while Joe Medevac with a heart attack patient in the back flies around.
The EMS guy is a reformed freight pilot.

Those guys are idiots. There's just no need what-so-ever to do most of the things you hear about or stereo-type about in the 135 freight world.

This deviation (135 miles off course added 18 minutes to the flight). No risk for popping rivets (or worse), no risk for lightning strikes, no spilled bull semen. Again, you're not going to run out of gas or really have any issues at all avoiding ALL of it in a turboprop or faster in the flight levels.

In a piston/99/Caravan, I would have taken even more gas, no Fs given. :) Pistons are harder. Pressurized turbines have PLENTY of speed for all kinds of deviating without much impact to fuel burn. Unless you're taking minimum fuel for a direct flight, in which case, you're also an idiot.
12191262_10101588071993085_4955344720096192468_o.jpg

In a piston/99/Caravan, I would have taken even more gas, no Fs given. :) Pistons are harder. Pressurized turbines have PLENTY of speed for all kinds of deviating without much impact to fuel burn. Unless you're taking minimum fuel for a direct flight, in which case, you're also an idiot.

Can you please come over and be my CP? We commonly get dispatched to FL330 when FL280 and below is forecast and reported smooth with min fuel. Some days my belly hurts from all the jiggling that occurs... and I hate it when my belly jiggles.

I don't know man...Bull semen and sex toys are pretty critical cargo.

I've taken the long way around several storms and the only guff I get from the medics in back is none, because they appreciate the smoother ride

I've taken the long way around several storms and the only guff I get from the medics in back is none, because they appreciate the smoother ride
According to some of the EMS guys I chat with from time to time, some of the medics are a bit more worried about weather than they are. As in they get concerned about weather that actually isn't a problem.

According to some of the EMS guys I chat with from time to time, some of the medics are a bit more worried about weather than they are. As in they get concerned about weather that actually isn't a problem.

I'm ok with that. 3 to go, one to say no.

Can you please come over and be my CP? We commonly get dispatched to FL330 when FL280 and below is forecast and reported smooth with min fuel. Some days my belly hurts from all the jiggling that occurs... and I hate it when my belly jiggles.
Bah, I can take a good trolling when trolling! :)

I am mostly serious though, at least when it comes to 135 freight hounding. Yes, I'm fully aware of traffic issues between 280 and 370 with diversions. ;) Most of us did mono-chromatic radar at some point. Go around all of it! Yar

Bah, I can take a good trolling when trolling! :)

I am mostly serious though, at least when it comes to 135 freight hounding. Yes, I'm fully aware of traffic issues between 280 and 370 with diversions. ;) Most of us did mono-chromatic radar at some point. Go around all of it! Yar
No... I was being serious. Don't we have some sort of flow program? You should just slide right in and turn the place on its head from an operational standpoint.

No... I was being serious. Don't we have some sort of flow program? You should just slide right in and turn the place on its head from an operational standpoint.
We do, but I'm pretty sure I've posted too much on the facetubes about that place... :) Even if I delete it, it's been verbably expressed how dumb that "flow" is! Especially since UPS was drafting something up at the time and we gave them the finger... UGH! :)

AAY would have to be desperate enough/short enough to tolerate my mouth to hire me and promote me. haha

Last edited:
Back