Terminal/Center, What made you decide?

If you actually look at the posts responding to that initial post, you will see that I took the time to list the facilities in IL, gave the meanings of the acronyms, basically helped any way I can. Should that person have known all those things at that point? Yes, probably. Did I tell him/her that it was stupid? I don't think so.

Trident - not an attack on you... just pointing out that I still help even when I'm bothered by something.

Its all good

Back to the original topic... I'll be going with terminal because there are no centers in NJ and I'd like to try to stay here.

This thread is getting too personal...:mad:

Anyways, when I first submitted my geographical preferences, I figured that terminal = tower only, however thanks to this forum in the past few months, I've learned that a tracon is also considered a terminal position.

True, some of us should search for the meaning of common acronynms, but as with all things, it's a learning process.

I'll be going to this PEPC much more aware of ATC because others have asked these 'stupid' questions.

I chose New York & New Jersey terminal only options like an idiot. It's no wonder my inbox remains empty.

I should have chosen Puerto Rico.

This thread is getting too personal...:mad:

Anyways, when I first submitted my geographical preferences, I figured that terminal = tower only, however thanks to this forum in the past few months, I've learned that a tracon is also considered a terminal position.
I thought the same as well. Not really sure why I did though...

And if they dont use the right search criteria? Comon now man, you're being too irrational. Hope you never have a question that doesnt come up in the search options..

:yeahthat:
Bigey, I'm totally with ya man. I've been reading stuff on here for a couple years now and have seen questions, jokes, comments, etc...come up multiple times in all of the other forums. I've even seen you answer stuff more than once without freakin' out.

Each time someone like Trident calls somebody out on using the search function or Google, one of the moderators steps in and says exactly what you said here.

I was under the impression when we get the geo-pref sheet, we could write comments if we really wanted to go to an ATCT vs. TRACON, even in a terminal only selection. Is that true?

I was under the impression when we get the geo-pref sheet, we could write comments if we really wanted to go to an ATCT vs. TRACON, even in a terminal only selection. Is that true?
There's a comments section (or there was for the FEBOTS) but who knows if they really pay attention to it.

So are you saying that not all air traffic control facilities are those tall towers you see at the airport? I am so confused. :panic:

I AM KIDDING, calm down, calm down! :D

I chose Terminal. More locations, not required to live near a major city and being able to see light and actual planes from time to time.

Anyone have a link to find out which airports have their TRACON at the tower? Specifically the state of West Virginia.

I chose Terminal. More locations, not required to live near a major city and being able to see light and actual planes from time to time.

Anyone have a link to find out which airports have their TRACON at the tower? Specifically the state of West Virginia.

I believe all three facilites in WV are up/down.

CKB, CRW, HTS are the only FAA facilities in WV and they're all up/downs.

So are you saying that not all air traffic control facilities are those tall towers you see at the airport? I am so confused. :panic:

I AM KIDDING, calm down, calm down! :D
They're the ones with those light wands that wave the planes into parking too.

Back