Terminal/Center, What made you decide?

TRACON IS A Terminal Position

I realize that. My point is, what if you desire to work at a tower so you select the 'terminal only' option. However if you are subsequently placed in a TRACON, you might be disappointed because you THOUGHT terminal=tower.

(which of course terminal= tower+tracon)

It seems that the only way to avoid TRACONs is by selecting states that don't have a tracon, or by choosing a state that requires listings of counties, and only listing counties that have towers only.

This is what I happened to do. I picked CA, and only selected counties in the SF Bay Area (and the nearest tracon is up in Sacramento).

It seems that the only way to avoid TRACONs is by selecting states that don't have a tracon, or by choosing a state that requires listings of counties, and only listing counties that have towers only.

This is what I happened to do. I picked CA, and only selected counties in the SF Bay Area (and the nearest tracon is up in Sacramento).

Smart, but that's not always possible. Clark County, NV for example has only two options, one terminal (tower+tracon), and another tower 15 miles away, so either way, I'll have to put down "terminal". At least I won't be at an ARTCC...

Terminal all the way, I enjoy airplane spotting (Gravelly Point for those DCA river visual approaches/takeoffs) and even collect airplane models (see avatar). It can't get any better than a tower environment

I realize that. My point is, what if you desire to work at a tower so you select the 'terminal only' option. However if you are subsequently placed in a TRACON, you might be disappointed because you THOUGHT terminal=tower.

If you get a TRACON position and they don't have a tower, your best bet would be to get checked out and then try to transfer at a later time to an up/down facility. It sounds like alot of work to aim at just getting a tower and the sooner you get your foot in the FAA door, the better your senoirity will be in relation to all these other new people coming in. I've worked at 5 different towers and am just now at my first facility with radar. Its a whole lot more fun. Its challenging and stressful but its worth it. I get bored in the tower now. Shoot for the up/downs. Never worked in a center, just toured ZLA so my opinion is biased.

HD

Well, if you dont have a clue as to what constitutes a "Terminal" position, such as a Tower or TRACON, then maybe you dont need to be applying for a job that you have no idea what it is. There are a few people on here who have asked what the acronyms stand for, such as ARTCC and TRACON....maybe before they ask retarded questions like that, they should do a little reasearch and have some interest in the postion before they are invited to a PEPC.

Well, if you dont have a clue as to what constitutes a "Terminal" position, such as a Tower or TRACON, then maybe you dont need to be applying for a job that you have no idea what it is. There are a few people on here who have asked what the acronyms stand for, such as ARTCC and TRACON....maybe before they ask retarded questions like that, they should do a little reasearch and have some interest in the postion before they are invited to a PEPC.

It's even better when they have already essentially gotten the job. :laff:

I love how you can constitute what a retarded question is? You dont know who's reading it. It could be someone just learning what ATC is, or it could possibly be an applicant, but honestly i've never heard of a retarded question. Better to learn now, than later...:banghead:

I love how you can constitute what a retarded question is? You dont know who's reading it. It could be someone just learning what ATC is, or it could possibly be an applicant, but honestly i've never heard of a retarded question. Better to learn now, than later...:banghead:

It IS a retarded question when the answer has been discussed SEVERAL times in different threads.

I understand that we all started somewhere, and I also realize that I definitely don't know everything... I'm not that arrogant... but it does bother me when people come here after receiving PEPC invites or even offer letters and ask whether their facility is terminal or enroute and what that means.

I understand that we all started somewhere, and I also realize that I definitely don't know everything... I'm not that arrogant... but it does bother me when people come here after receiving PEPC invites or even offer letters and ask whether their facility is terminal or enroute and what that means.

HOLY $**T....THANK YOU FOR THAT....

That is the point of this...END OF STORY

It IS a retarded question when the answer has been discussed SEVERAL times in different threads.

Yeah..because no one has ever asked on JC multiple questions that have been answered before.

Continue to help those interested. If not, then dont bother posting here. I've been on the general stuff where i've answered stuff more than MULTIPLE times. Over the past years! Did i ever say "thats a stupid question!?" Nope....this is forum of constant learning. Not everyone has the time to read through 5038910273 pages to just find out one thing. Not everything is titled properly such as "THREAD FOR ALL ABBREVIATIONS."

Sorry to burst your bubble...

I understand that we all started somewhere, and I also realize that I definitely don't know everything... I'm not that arrogant... but it does bother me when people come here after receiving PEPC invites or offer letters and ask whether their facility is terminal or enroute and what that means.

If you're the type of person to get bothered by it so be it...but are we at a PEPC? We're all learning here....everyone has to learn sometime.

Yeah..because no one has ever asked on JC multiple questions that have been answered before.

Continue to help those interested. If not, then dont bother posting here. I've been on the general stuff where i've answered stuff more than MULTIPLE times. Over the past years! Did i ever say "thats a stupid question!?" Nope....this is forum of constant learning. Not everyone has the time to read through 5038910273 pages to just find out one thing. Not everything is titled properly such as "THREAD FOR ALL ABBREVIATIONS."

Sorry to burst your bubble...

HMMM...I call that LAZY...ever use the SEARCH FUNCTION or GOOGLE?

HMMM...I call that LAZY...ever use the SEARCH FUNCTION or GOOLE?

And if they dont use the right search criteria? Comon now man, you're being too irrational. Hope you never have a question that doesnt come up in the search options..

If you're the type of person to get bothered by it so be it...but are we at a PEPC? We're all learning here....everyone has to learn sometime.

I know we don't know each other and I also know you probably haven't gone through every single thread on this forum to see my posts and I obviously don't expect you to. However, if you did, you would see that I help those who ask... I think I've even answered things you've asked and I have never once told you that you asked something stupid. I don't do that... I know we're all here to learn, so I do answer the questions that others deem too 'retarded' or whatever we want to call it. It does bother me when someone is so far in the process to the point that they have their offer letters and still don't know what the difference is between terminal and enroute... they had to pick one at some point and that should have been when they did the research.

Perhaps I am the type of person that gets annoyed by "retarded" questions....but when you are at the stage of a PEPC invite and you STILL dont know the meanings of acronyms that will revolve around your career, you might want to look into it.

Prime example: http://forums.jetcareers.com/909507-post1.html

Not to bag on you sb1980, but seriously....

Perhaps I am the type of person that gets annoyed by "retarded" questions....but when you are at the stage of a PEPC invite and you STILL dont know the meanings of acronyms that will revolve around your career, you might want to look into it.

Prime example: http://forums.jetcareers.com/909507-post1.html

If you actually look at my post responding to that initial post (http://forums.jetcareers.com/909525-post2.html), you will see that I took the time to list the facilities in IL, gave the meanings of the acronyms, basically helped any way I can. Should that person have known all those things at that point? Yes, probably. Did I tell him/her that it was stupid? I don't think so.

Trident - not an attack on you... just pointing out that I still help even when I'm bothered by something and I'm not just some whiny girl complaining about people not doing research.

Back