SKW doing ASA flying?

surreal1221

Yeah yeah, I know. . .no one owns anything.

That said, word on the street is that Skywest is doing 6 of our (ASA) lines this month because supposedly ASA doesn't have the pilots do it.

Fact or Fiction.

God bless rumors in aviation. :) Truth of the matter is if we are a regional none of the flying is "ours". And thus it truely is the name that comes before the "express" or "connection" on the side of the plane.

God bless rumors in aviation. :) Truth of the matter is if we are a regional none of the flying is "ours". And thus it truely is the name that comes before the "express" or "connection" on the side of the plane.

So long as they haven't violated our scope agreement then - yup.

Funny I don't have express or connection on the side of the plane I fly and per the APA scope, my company does have flying.

Funny I don't have express or connection on the side of the plane I fly and per the APA scope, my company does have flying.

You work for mainline? Sorry but I strongly disagree with you then regardless of whatever non mainline carrier you work for.

Yeah yeah, I know. . .no one owns anything.

That said, word on the street is that Skywest is doing 6 of our (ASA) lines this month because supposedly ASA doesn't have the pilots do it.

Fact or Fiction.

Interesting. We picked up 5 planes worth of flying last week, but that was only temporary and sure wasn't due to a lack of pilots. I don't know if it's 900 flying you're talking about or not...but I think the only 50 seat flying we've done out of Atlanta was to temporarily replace your broken airplanes.

The APA pilots I've met overwhelmingly disagree with you.

The APA pilots I've met overwhelmingly disagree with you.
Stop talking to the 737 guys and 88 guys that have been on RSV for 10 years.

How could I forget Eagle. Hmmm and American does indeed comes before the Eagle correct? Thus AE would be nothing if not for American?
Your right without AA there is no Eagle. But per APA scope any feed must be done by AE. Who cares AA and AE are going to be one list in the next year or two.

Interesting. We picked up 5 planes worth of flying last week, but that was only temporary and sure wasn't due to a lack of pilots. I don't know if it's 900 flying you're talking about or not...but I think the only 50 seat flying we've done out of Atlanta was to temporarily replace your broken airplanes.

QUOTE]

That's the only thing I have heard too. We sent some planes & crews to ATL when the ASA RJ fleet was down for maintenance just to keep some of those flights from canceling. I don't know if any of those SkyW planes & crew are still there. (I don't think they are.)

I saw a special scheme SKW 200 sitting at the A-tech couple days ago. Haven't heard any rumors of extra flying though.

We seem to be having a lot of incidents on the ATL ramp damaging our -200s. Not sure what else might be going on.

So on our flow board it shows we had 3 -200's in ATL today, all of which were ferried back to SLC at the end of today.

My guess would be residual flying from the grounded ASA planes, as all the crews flying them seemed to be reserves. We're also not showing any -200 flying through ATL in the pairings next month.

Stop talking to the 737 guys and 88 guys that have been on RSV for 10 years.

I'm not really sure at what point DFW-PIT became Eagle's flying...maybe it was about the time BOI-ORD became ours or IAH-ORD became Expressjets.

So on our flow board it shows we had 3 -200's in ATL today, all of which were ferried back to SLC at the end of today.

My guess would be residual flying from the grounded ASA planes, as all the crews flying them seemed to be reserves. We're also not showing any -200 flying through ATL in the pairings next month.

I'm not really sure at what point DFW-PIT became Eagle's flying...maybe it was about the time BOI-ORD became ours or IAH-ORD became Expressjets.

A 200 can make ATL-SLC?:D

I hear our CRJ-900s are covering some flying for ASA right now, which is why some of our -900 routes like SFO-SLC and SLC-MSP are being flown by Mesaba CR9s right now.

Back