SKW doing ASA flying?

I had a Capt. that took a 200 empty from LAX-ATL. He said it was the only time he has seen that much fuel in the center tank.

Yeah yeah, I know. . .no one owns anything.

That said, word on the street is that Skywest is doing 6 of our (ASA) lines this month because supposedly ASA doesn't have the pilots do it.

Fact or Fiction.

The answer is both. I've had a few trips taken by SKW. Apparently they have been doing about 20 ASA flights a day. I talked to a CP who told me that it was a MX issue. Ground crews are destroying our 200s. It's a low plane issue.
But we are definately short on pilots too. They need to call back before we end up like F8. I hope they do.

F8's problem last year was to fill one vacancy they needed to hire 2 pilots for it because chances are one of them would quit. ASA doesn't have that interesting dynamic, they could have peeps through requal pretty quick.

I had a Capt. that took a 200 empty from LAX-ATL. He said it was the only time he has seen that much fuel in the center tank.

Last winter I ferried a CRJ-700 from ORD to LAX. I made an annoucement in the crew lounge and had 9 non-revs that came along. We had cancellations all that day.

We filled up a 40 seater BGR-MCO nonstop back in feb 06.

I got seat #40. Talk about a long ass flight sitting in the back of a CRJ.

Back