Same old song and dance...

If you live in Dallas, plan to stay in Dallas, and want nothing but Dallas long term, I know the two leg would suck but Piedmont has the same flow #'s as PSA with 1/4 the people on the list, if you are interested in AA. You'll flow in a decent amount of time. Also they aren't going to outstation base the E175's, no way no how. It would be a bit of a gamble but it could really, really pay off long term. Do some more research but the stuff I was reading was 5-6 years and then flow time. The other nice thing is a fairly short upgrade period, giving you the ability to get to SWA if desired as well.

That being said, living in base makes the job a pretty awesome one, people go and screw it up by commuting (I commute for now) and it starts to suck. Mesa will have some movement but nothing like the USX commuters are experiencing right now.

I thought Piedmont was getting 145s?

Thank you everyone, yes I really do want to move on to 121 flying. @Beefy McGee I have 135 turbine PIC but according to the interpretation letter that was being discussed on here a while back it won't work for 121 minimums because we don't have enough passenger seats installed in our airplane. It's probably just as well since I'll be new to airline flying.
:)
Also, I apologize if I come across as someone who feels like they're too good to fly for a regional, that is not the case... It's just that it would require me to dip in to savings most months and the thought of that hurts.

It seems to be getting better from talking to the guys that have been here a few years. I am still new so I really have nothing to compare it to. But I guess split lines are something new. 9 on 6 off. Also trying to make more known flying lines. I had two of your buddies in my class, nice guys.

Did everyone make it through training? Haven't heard from them.

Did everyone make it through training? Haven't heard from them.
All check rides are done, just Loft for two guys and the other three have a few more things to knock out. I never had any doubt that everyone was going to make it through. Smart guys, the FMC stuff was new but nothing they couldn't figure out.

image.jpg
So, I was just looking in to the FAA interpretation of 135.243(a)(1)and it looks like they have addressed the issue that many people raised.
It looks my PIC time will count toward the 121.436(a)(3) minimums.

View attachment 31587 So, I was just looking in to the FAA interpretation of 135.243(a)(1)and it looks like they have addressed the issue that many people raised.
It looks my PIC time will count toward the 121.436(a)(3) minimums.
"ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT CORRECT THE LEGAL INTERPRETATION"

(I've been awake for quite some time, but have I missed something?)

Content from the original interpretation letter, April, 2014

" Experience as PIC on flights conducted under § 135.243(a)(l) is the only part 135 experience that may be credited towards the 1,000-hour experience requirement in § 121.436(a)(3). One of the defining characteristics of § 135.243(a)(l) operations, is that these operations are passenger-carrying operations and require an ATP certificate. 2 The operations you have described are all-cargo operations and only require a commercial pilot certificate thus § 135.243(a)(l) would not apply.
As the agency recently stated in the final rule on Pilot Certification and Qualification Requirements for Air Carrier Operations, operations under § 135.243(a)(l) require an ATP certificate, are multicrew operations and generally use turbine aircraft and therefore are the
most applicable to part 121 operations. See 78 Fed. Reg. 42324, 42357 (July 15,2013). The agency determined that while other part 91 and part 135 operations may involve certain elements that are related to part 121 operations, the varied nature of operations does not make credit toward the air carrier operations experience requirement appropriate. "
@Autothrust Blue
I didn't go to law school, so this is just my belief of what is meant by " doesn't change the legal opinion ", but in the original letter two individual circumstances that would require a PIC under Part 135 to have an ATP were incorrectly lumped together ( 1. turbojet airplane, 2. airplane having a passenger seating capacity excluding pilot seats of ten or more ) so they are addressing that.
The legal opinion that the only part 135 PIC time that is accrued as per 135.243(a)(1) is applicable toward 121.436(a)(3) does not change.

If you live in Dallas, plan to stay in Dallas, and want nothing but Dallas long term, I know the two leg would suck but Piedmont has the same flow #'s as PSA with 1/4 the people on the list, if you are interested in AA. You'll flow in a decent amount of time. Also they aren't going to outstation base the E175's, no way no how. It would be a bit of a gamble but it could really, really pay off long term. Do some more research but the stuff I was reading was 5-6 years and then flow time. The other nice thing is a fairly short upgrade period, giving you the ability to get to SWA if desired as well.

That being said, living in base makes the job a pretty awesome one, people go and screw it up by commuting (I commute for now) and it starts to suck. Mesa will have some movement but nothing like the USX commuters are experiencing right now.

There is no way in hell a two leg commute to any Piedmont base out of Dallas would ever be worth it. Mesa would be worth checking out if just checking the 121 box, have money in the bank to live off of, and not overly worried about upgrade times.

There is no way in hell a two leg commute to any Piedmont base out of Dallas would ever be worth it. Mesa would be worth checking out if just checking the 121 box, have money in the bank to live off of, and not overly worried about upgrade times.
Depends, will they keep their outstation basing with their jets? I thought they were getting 170's, I guess it's just 145's but still. It's a gamble, for sure.

Thank you everyone, I live in Dallas, I have reapplied to Frontier, in fact I just updated my application this morning. I have also applied to several ACMI carriers and have visited with Spirit at two job fairs.
I know I'm not the most qualified applicant out there, but I can say with a healthy sense of humility that I am a competent pilot, a decent person and will bust my butt to not only do the job, but do it well.
Aside from the regional applications I have turned in all of the places I have applied to are companies that I would be thrilled to work at and would plan to to make a career of!

You would get DFW straight out of training at Mesa. 80% of our AA flying will be out of DFW by the end of the year. We are taking delivery of 900s through the end of the year, so we're not done with expansion just yet. Turnover should start to pick up over the next few months (in fact I think it has already started to creep up based on how my number has jumped the last couple of months) and we are well positioned for additional growth, so you wouldn't necessarily be at the tail end of the seniority list for very long. Having said all that, things could change in an instant both on the positive or negative side, but that's regional airline life for you.

Depends, will they keep their outstation basing with their jets? I thought they were getting 170's, I guess it's just 145's but still. It's a gamble, for sure.

Not a clue, whoever heads up the USX carriers seems to enjoy keeping secrets. Honestly I wouldn't wish a commute out of dfw on an enemy in general, Piedmont or not.

@raysalmon
Yes, a crystal ball would be nice! I just read the string a little while ago that another 170 operator put their hand up and asked for a break, so maybe there is a chance for some of those to come over.
@mastermags
I have considered them, they seem to be growing pretty well too!

I would not do a two leg commute from the DFW for the promise of a quick upgrade. There are enough operators out of DFW. Yeah, some may have "slow upgrades", but that can change next month.

Back