Regional Pilots - Would you do it again?

@ClearedForOption and @blee256 ,
jetBlue is my number one choice for employment; Laugh if you want, but even above the majors. I did indeed sign up for the Vets in Blue event and plan to apply as soon as the window opens next Monday.

I'm not laughing. I was the same way. Other people couldn't get the "I don't want to work at Delta/United/American" mentality I had, but it made perfect sense to me. I know I'm an oddball and wouldn't fit in well over there. Here? I'm surrounded by other oddballs and love it. If Delta called tomorrow I'd tell em "Thanks, but no thanks." Even if SWA called and offered me MCO as a base they'd get the same answer. I made the decision to put everything I had into getting on here. If it didn't work out after about 2 years of trying, then I'd expand the search area. Fortunately, thanks to networking and a little bit of luck, it did work out.

If you need anything from me, shoot me a PM. I'm not that high up on the food chain, but I can definitely help out on advice, day in the life stuff and other easy questions.

I'm not laughing. I was the same way. Other people couldn't get the "I don't want to work at Delta/United/American" mentality I had, but it made perfect sense to me. I know I'm an oddball and wouldn't fit in well over there. Here? I'm surrounded by other oddballs and love it. If Delta called tomorrow I'd tell em "Thanks, but no thanks." Even if SWA called and offered me MCO as a base they'd get the same answer. I made the decision to put everything I had into getting on here. If it didn't work out after about 2 years of trying, then I'd expand the search area. Fortunately, thanks to networking and a little bit of luck, it did work out.

If you need anything from me, shoot me a PM. I'm not that high up on the food chain, but I can definitely help out on advice, day in the life stuff and other easy questions.

Don't you know that "culture" isn't real and all pilots are the same? It doesn't matter where you work...

There are a bunch of opportunities out there you just have to take advantage. PSA went from 350-ish pilots to around 2000 by what, 2017? TSA is growing by leaps and bounds. Compass, well that boat has sailed but had you acted this time last year you'd be fast approaching a CA slot.

I wouldn't for a second stay put if you are not held in place for whatever reason. Folks say lateral jumps are risky which is true, but I don't think we've ever seen anything like what has happened recently for 15 years or more.

While being a CA isn't the be all end all it at least gives you the ability to make decent money.
Hell we just awarded Captain to a guy hired 1 year ago, with many more vacancies to come. One member here who went to California Pacific will be awarded Captain on the next vacancy it looks like. I would do it all over again but I have been very fortunate in my timing. Thankfully I was semi forced to make a lateral move since it looked as if I was going to be furloughed. Compass was very stagnant though up until mid-late 2013 and movement was non existent. All the Captains and about 50-80 FOs all had Flow rights to Delta so obviously majority of them were not applying anywhere.

Hell we just awarded Captain to a guy hired 1 year ago, with many more vacancies to come. One member here who went to California Pacific will be awarded Captain on the next vacancy it looks like. I would do it all over again but I have been very fortunate in my timing. Thankfully I was semi forced to make a lateral move since it looked as if I was going to be furloughed. Compass was very stagnant though up until mid-late 2013 and movement was non existent. All the Captains and about 50-80 FOs all had Flow rights to Delta so obviously majority of them were not applying anywhere.

With my luck California pacific will start furloughing.

Back