Regional Hiring

Okay Bro.

And I'm pretty sure I haven't disagreed with that statement.

Granted, I'm not as wise as you when it comes to giving a prognosis on the remaining life of any airline.

I gave that gig up years ago. But, if it's some large enjoyment factor for you to sit around and use your strong psychic powers to decide which airlines are going to tank next, all the power to you. I wish you the best of luck in that adventure.

Must be nice to not have any ground school on a Sunday eh?

Hows about you chill out a little bit bro, listen to what I'm saying and maybe you can learn a little bit.

I know you dig ASA, but it doesn't matter how much you dig an airline when it gets bought by another regional and then that regional starts systematically cutting it apart, which is exactly what Skywest has done to ASA. I feel bad for the pilot group over there, but it seems very clear that unless they can drum up some new business (which they won't do, because Skywest is the one pulling the strings) they're in bad shape.

I mean think about this very simply, why would Skywest want to spend MORE money per seat on ASA to do Delta flying when they can have the Skywest side do it all for less? It's simple economics, and ASA is going to go away fairly soon.

John,

I am chill bro. Very chill.

While you work for XJT, and previously AMF, you do not have any direct information in regards to what SKW's long term plan is for ASA. I, also do not.

But what I do have, is a few individuals who actually work on both sides of the ASA vs Skywest coin - not in pilot positions, but management and operation level positions.

You can spout off all you want about how they will go away fairly soon. . .but fairly soon in the aviation industry isn't next week or next month, it's years down the road.

The regionals should not be a long term stay for anyone (IMHO), and I will treat my career at a regional as a short term boost. If ASA is still around, you bet your ass I'll gladly go fly for them for however long they are still in operation. Then, when the time to leave is right. . .I'll be gone.

So sure. . .simple economics, Skywest vs. ASA, ASA going away fairly soon. . .you're right John, absolutely. I never once challenged you on it, but I'm not going to play psychic. Knock your socks off though, I'm sure it's very enjoyable.

Speak to anyone I have TALKED to, face to face, about this subject and they will say the same thing I'm about to tell you.

ASA is having the breath choked out of them by Skywest, how long of an air supply do they have left. . .NO ONE KNOWS.

But hey, you have your motives. It'd be nice if XJT could come in and feed off of the death of another regional wouldn't it bro?

Nevermind, we'll straighten this out through PM's.
C'mon!!! You guys don't want to do that!!! It was starting to get good!! hey listen, if pm's don't work, maybe I could book you two on WWE's Monday Night Raw, how bout a ladder match! We could have Batista, The Undertaker.........:)

Naw man, ain't no reason to let things continue in public. It's unprofessional at best and it sends threads spiraling down at worst.

Or maybe you could both speak for the airlines that you fly for, because neither of you probably know what you are talking about.

Back