Quickest Ever...

av8rmsu

...got my First Class medical renewed/updated today.

A whopping five minutes! No joke!

Here, pee in this cup...thanks have a nice day.

I got my first class a couple years ago from a Dr. that used to be a flight surgeon in my wing. I told him what unit I was in, height, weight, eyes, and $55 later, a 1st class. I'd had my air force physical 2 weeks prior and he knew that those are very thorough. All that took 20 mins, mostly BSing about german beer, but no piss test.

[ QUOTE ]
...got my First Class medical renewed/updated today.

A whopping five minutes! No joke!

Here, pee in this cup...thanks have a nice day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to the same guy every year for that very reason.

Speaking of which, I better make an appointment, its about that time.

It's about that time for me, too. Hopefully, mine will go about as well. They didn't even make you do the eye chart? Where did you go, here in Florida or in Mississippi? I'd fly home for the medical.
smile.gif

I've got to get my 2nd Class... may go ahead and just do the 1st.

HOWEVER, I'm looking for an AME like the one in this thread. The AME I had for my 3rd Class .... well, it's well documented here on this site about how "thorough" he was.

I'm still in therapy.
blush.gif

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've got to get my 2nd Class... may go ahead and just do the 1st.

HOWEVER, I'm looking for an AME like the one in this thread. The AME I had for my 3rd Class .... well, it's well documented here on this site about how "thorough" he was.

I'm still in therapy.
blush.gif

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to get my my medical.. and I was checking the form.. And do they do the whole turn and cough thing? and whats this about "anus" on the form.. ? I hate physicals...How thorough is a Medical? Does it all depend on who you go too?

It depends on who you go to. I've got an appointment in Memphis for the guy above in two weeks, so I'll let you guys know how it goes. As far as the turn & cough, I've never had to do that. Apparently, R2F went to Dr. Mengela.

My 3rd class was a piece of cake. Pee in the cup....eye test...a few other small tests and you're done. I was in his office for about 30 minutes. About 10 minutes was the exam and I spent the other 20 just talking aviation with him.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It depends on who you go to. I've got an appointment in Memphis for the guy above in two weeks, so I'll let you guys know how it goes. As far as the turn & cough, I've never had to do that. Apparently, R2F went to Dr. Mengela.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have one set up next week .. I hope I don't have the same doc as R2F
crazy.gif

Hey Kellwolf.. Where are those sun and fun pictures you promised?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the "to do" list under work, school and getting as many flight hours as I can.
smile.gif
Seriously though, my wife just set me up with a subdomain on her site (she's the web guru around the house), so I'll try to knock them out on Wed. No flying that day since I have to take her to the dentist and pamper her all day. I'll get 'em done while she's sleeping off the pain and the drugs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On the "to do" list under work, school and getting as many flight hours as I can.
smile.gif
Seriously though, my wife just set me up with a subdomain on her site (she's the web guru around the house), so I'll try to knock them out on Wed. No flying that day since I have to take her to the dentist and pamper her all day. I'll get 'em done while she's sleeping off the pain and the drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweeet! Can't wait.
spin2.gif

I had my medical today.. I got a first class medical in about 30 minutes. I waited for ten. The nurse did all the eye stuff for 10 minutes and I did the pee in the cup and then the doctor listen to me breath for 5 minutes and then waited another 5 minutes for them to type up the medical thingy. I was talking with the nurse and she said that I'm the first GA person, all they see are Airline Pilots... I'll be going back to this guy hopefully for the rest of my career, I just hope he doesn't die!

Well, went to the guy that av8rmsu was talking about. Waited about as long as it took me to fill out the paperwork, did the cup thing, then went right in. Did the eye thing ("Hold this where you hold your reading material and read the smallest line"), blood pressure, color plates, and that was it. In and out in 15 minutes with a brand new first class medical.

My piss test was awkard. The line to the bathroom was long and my AME just asked if I would like to turn around and take it out and do the deed. I didn't know if he was going to leave or not but I started going before he left.
spin2.gif

Lol, but no diabetes. Can you obtain a medical with diabetes though?

Back