PUBNAT3 Geo-Prefs

There were a lot of PunNat 1 people with a TOL from pubnat 1...that were selected for a Pubnat 2 position. It happened.

We will never know the actual number.
I was. They selected me for ZOA for pubnat2 (even though my geoprefs were WA/Term only). I respectfully declined (or more accurately, chose to keep my current assignment. They told me to pick.)

BUT, I'd be willing to bet that, since they have X number of slots to fill, if someone turns a TOL down, they go down the list and pick someone else. Speculation, I know, but it seems like that's what they've done in the past (judging from posts on here of people getting TOL's way later than others).

Filling out the geo pref would be a waste of your time and theirs. You have already been invited to a PEPC. If you don't get the job now, it will be because you don't qualify and won't ever get the job...not because of the location you picked. Don't fill it out. Ignore it or let them know you are no longer interested so they can plan for it.

I will re-iterate what I heard a billion times: Once you are invited to the interview, you have the job as long as your background and medical check out.:rawk:

I just wanted to correct this post as I have now heard of 5 PUB2 apps who have gotten geo pref emails for PUB3. No where on the TOL does it state that you have a job- it is not final and should not be assumed to be final until you get a FOL with a class date.

This is the reason CTI schools, like mine, tell all the graduates to apply to every announcement, respond to every email, and constantly update your asap information for changes.

If you are PUB 2 and have PEPC-ed and/or have a TOL- it would be for your greater benefit to respond to the geo prefs email for PUB3 instead of no response at all---- unless you already have that FOL.

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on if Miami center is hiring or in need of trainees. My long term goal is to go to Miami center my short term goal is to get a job. I have family who has currently been working in Miami center for 20+ years They have advised me to fill out my geo pref Florida only with a comment in the comment section stating my situation of why I want to be in the Miami center.
It seems as tho everyone else says pick something like tenesse texas just to get picked up then transfer???? If anyone has some credible advice please let me know thanks.

on a different subject, I have heard from multple sources that the panels will be Jan. 2nd ;however, I have heard from one source on a pubnat3 thread it will be hosted Jan. 12th. The 12th actually kind of makes more since because its a monday and NOT the day after new years????

on a different subject, I have heard from multple sources that the panels will be Jan. 2nd ;however, I have heard from one source on a pubnat3 thread it will be hosted Jan. 12th. The 12th actually kind of makes more since because its a monday and NOT the day after new years????

You're the first person who has said any date that is not January 12th... so I'm going to continue assuming it'll be the 12th. Either way, it won't make that much of a difference.

hey chichi, what are you going to put down as your geo prefs this time around? you should just put down NY so you can come work at ZNY because we're awesome.

hey chichi, what are you going to put down as your geo prefs this time around? you should just put down NY so you can come work at ZNY because we're awesome.

Yea I'm figuring I'll keep NJ and add NY... maybe I'll get to come hang out with you guys :)

I haven't sent in my preferences yet. I am really thinking about what to put down that will land me a job. Last time I put down IL and IN. I really want to stay in the area.

Oh man I hope PUBNAT3 doesn't turn into PUBNAT2 with a zillion threads all about the same announcement.

Can we keep topics about PUBNAT3 in the PUBNAT3 thread? It's easier for the people who get email notifications to threads they subscribe to. Then you know all the PUBNAT3 info is coming straight to you, instead of having to check for new threads all the time.

Just a thought. Can we merge this with the other thread? The topic's already being discussed there.

What on earth did you do to your avatar??

Man I thought you were going to come to ZTL.:(

You were supposed to be coming to NJ... and then when I wasn't picked up, I could've called you and had you get me in wherever you were. That was the plan... thanks for ruining it by going to ZTL :rolleyes:

:panic:

I just wanted to correct this post as I have now heard of 5 PUB2 apps who have gotten geo pref emails for PUB3. No where on the TOL does it state that you have a job- it is not final and should not be assumed to be final until you get a FOL with a class date.

This is the reason CTI schools, like mine, tell all the graduates to apply to every announcement, respond to every email, and constantly update your asap information for changes.

If you are PUB 2 and have PEPC-ed and/or have a TOL- it would be for your greater benefit to respond to the geo prefs email for PUB3 instead of no response at all---- unless you already have that FOL.
I got a geo pref email and I'm pubnat1 (and 2 I guess). Filled it out of course.

Yea I'm figuring I'll keep NJ and add NY... maybe I'll get to come hang out with you guys :)

put down NY, and make sure you choose Both. the people goin to ZNY are the best on here...lol...you should go check out the facility, its actually pretty cool. much different then i was expecting

Has everyone from PUBNAT1 and PUBNAT2 received a geo pref email for this announcement?

i got one, but i applied to the pubnat3 announcement. i know people who applied for Pubnat2 and not 3, and didnt get an email. the FAA screwed a lot of people with that nice little line about not having to apply again.

i got one, but i applied to the pubnat3 announcement. i know people who applied for Pubnat2 and not 3, and didnt get an email. the FAA screwed a lot of people with that nice little line about not having to apply again.

Like me :mad:

Just because I can read and follow directions :banghead:

So no, Honu... only the ones who applied to PUBNAT3 are getting the emails.

Like me :mad:

Just because I can read and follow directions :banghead:

So no, Honu... only the ones who applied to PUBNAT3 are getting the emails.

i remember about a week before PUBNAT3 closed someone posted on here that they called up OKC and they told them to not listen to what it said and to apply to it anyway. thats when i applied to it, but i know there were a group on here that decided not to and follow directions. i hope pubnat4 is included with 3 for those people. dont worry chichi, you will be in OKC by the summer for ZNY

i remember about a week before PUBNAT3 closed someone posted on here that they called up OKC and they told them to not listen to what it said and to apply to it anyway. thats when i applied to it, but i know there were a group on here that decided not to and follow directions. i hope pubnat4 is included with 3 for those people. dont worry chichi, you will be in OKC by the summer for ZNY

I was away the week before the announcement closed, so I didn't see that post until it was too late. It's ok though... I'm over it... sort of :panic:

You were supposed to be coming to NJ... and then when I wasn't picked up, I could've called you and had you get me in wherever you were. That was the plan... thanks for ruining it by going to ZTL :rolleyes:

:panic:
I just got my PUBNAT4 geo pref. email, and chose #1 NJ and #2 NY. I also wrote in the comments box, that I am only willing to go wherever chi chi is going:panic:.

Back