Electronic Logbook

So, a little off topic. Speaking of L-10-Pro, does anyone know how to make the notes field more dynamic when printing a paper copy of the logbook... I take some pretty extensive notes on the occasional leg and would like it to print the whole thing.

I second log ten pro and converted from a paper logbook when I was around 300 hours. If Delta Propel is suggesting it and that is your hope for a final destination airline, might as well go with it. in the grand scheme of the costs for your training, it's chump change.

For those of you using LogTen, which report would be best to print and keep as a record? Especially if one has an airline logbook review coming up.

Like airlines?
I’m wondering the same thing. I don’t have much to add other than to electronic now. I started flying in 2008 and I’m still all paper til this day. If I have to go electronic I’d honestly pay someone to do the conversion.

So, a little off topic. Speaking of L-10-Pro, does anyone know how to make the notes field more dynamic when printing a paper copy of the logbook... I take some pretty extensive notes on the occasional leg and would like it to print the whole thing.

When I was printing my logbook prior to my Delta interview, I had a problem with the airports or tail numbers block (don't remember which) not being large enough. This was on the ProSoft Jepp format since I was using them for printing. I had always logged per day and some days at Pinnacle had 4-5 legs on 4-5 tails. I contacted Log Ten and they created a custom format based on the ProSoft for me. The turn around was really fast and I got exactly what I needed to make it look good.

For those of you using LogTen, which report would be best to print and keep as a record? Especially if one has an airline logbook review coming up.

ProSoft was great to work with and the people interviewing me at Delta were really impressed. This was early March 2020 under the old interview process.

Is it too late for someone with 5k+ hours? I made it about 300 hours in and gave up. It would take days or weeks to get caught up.

Not only that, but I remember instructions to specifically NOT bring them
But is this worded like “if you have electronic records, bring those” or “do not bring any logbooks” because if anyone expects to see my records of flight time, it’s my paper logbook.

Is it too late for someone with 5k+ hours? I made it about 300 hours in and gave up. It would take days or weeks to get caught up.
Never too late. I started logging electronically around 1000 hours. You can make a few monthly or even just yearly entries into your electronic logbook and be caught up.

Not only that, but I remember instructions to specifically NOT bring them
when I interviewed they specifically said to bring logbooks. They had us set them out with our resumes and took them and presumably looked through them. But that was last summer near the zenith of hiring/nadir of experience for folks showing up to interview so that probably has something to do with it.

But is this worded like “if you have electronic records, bring those” or “do not bring any logbooks” because if anyone expects to see my records of flight time, it’s my paper logbook.
"Do not bring any logbooks." I had to email them and confirm it wasn't a typo.

Has anyone had their paper logbooks converted over to electronic? Looking for a reputable place to do it. I was thinking of just going electronic when I finish out my last paper logbook but getting it all converted will be a nice chance the clear up mathematical errors.

Last edited:
Has anyone had their paper logbooks converted over to electronic? Looking for a reputable place to do it. I was thinking of just going electronic when I finish out my last paper logbook but getting it all converted will be a nice chance the clear up mathematical errors.

I did this, used "anytime logbooks". They are pretty navy centric (owner is a former tomcat pilot and markets mostly to us), but it was super easy and quick, and I have no doubt they could handle any type of logbook(s). It was $400 a few years ago to do my 4 books. Just used the turboscan app to scan all the pages (an app I might add that I have used so much since then for other things that it is silly I hadn't bought it before this). I'm sure there are plenty of others, but I was very satisfied with their customer service and efficiency.

I'm also terrible. Haven't logged a single 121 flight I've flown. I feel like maybe I should be doing this, but I have yet to ever remember to at the gate.

I did this, used "anytime logbooks". They are pretty navy centric (owner is a former tomcat pilot and markets mostly to us), but it was super easy and quick, and I have no doubt they could handle any type of logbook(s). It was $400 a few years ago to do my 4 books. Just used the turboscan app to scan all the pages (an app I might add that I have used so much since then for other things that it is silly I hadn't bought it before this). I'm sure there are plenty of others, but I was very satisfied with their customer service and efficiency.

I'm also terrible. Haven't logged a single 121 flight I've flown. I feel like maybe I should be doing this, but I have yet to ever remember to at the gate.
I’m way too paranoid about having to go back to 135 flying to give up logging yet.

Plus it’s cool to have those first 121 trips into jnu and the first line check in the books.

Back