Electronic Logbook

captainphil

Hey ladies and gents! I will be starting the Propel program through Delta in two weeks and the school would like us to send over our logbooks electronically. Are there any free e-logbooks that you would suggest other than "MyFlightbook"? They suggest LogTen Pro but I was wondering if there was anything free out there other than MyFlightBook that you would recommend. One further question, are there any E-logbooks that allow you to just take a picture of your pages vs. having to type everything in manually? That would be way better than logging everything individually. Thank you in advance!

The one built into foreflight is decent. And it handles endorsements pretty well. You can get a few bucks off Foreflight by joining SAFE or NAFI.

If you are cheap, there is an Excel template from Foreflight to import from. You could just fill out the spreadsheet and submit that. flightlogg.in was/is a free website based one, I put some python/pandas code on github to convert from the format it used to Foreflight.

The one built into foreflight is decent. And it handles endorsements pretty well. You can get a few bucks off Foreflight by joining SAFE or NAFI.

If you are cheap, there is an Excel template from Foreflight to import from. You could just fill out the spreadsheet and submit that. flightlogg.in was/is a free website based one, I put some python/pandas code on github to convert from the format it used to Foreflight.
Cool thank you for the tip! I haven't downloaded Foreflight yet because the school offers us a discount when we get down there but that sounds like it may be the best option.

Cool thank you for the tip! I haven't downloaded Foreflight yet because the school offers us a discount when we get down there but that sounds like it may be the best option.

30 day free trial, enough to create a logbook :)

For $80-$130 a year, I would think of that as budget dust compared to how far you have come already.
If they suggested it, then just do it?

Maybe it makes no difference, but in the early stages I find it best to adapt to what will make the least waves,
and is familiar territory for anyone examining my work,
then start acting up and going rogue as seniority increases.

Hey ladies and gents! I will be starting the Propel program through Delta in two weeks and the school would like us to send over our logbooks electronically. Are there any free e-logbooks that you would suggest other than "MyFlightbook"? They suggest LogTen Pro but I was wondering if there was anything free out there other than MyFlightBook that you would recommend. One further question, are there any E-logbooks that allow you to just take a picture of your pages vs. having to type everything in manually? That would be way better than logging everything individually. Thank you in advance!
Log Ten Pro. It's VERY good. They are correct in this case. You get what you pay for.

If you want a decent "free" logbook, get good at Excel "programming", or contact me and I'll send you the one I built. It's more or less like LogTen, but Excel. (ok, to be fair, it's just less than LTP.)

It’s a single data point but the airline with Johnny Cash on the tail was totally fine with a printed and bound copy of the ForeFlight logbook. It looks like any other printed e-logbook.

I am a cranky old man then. I have electronic records but only to verify the accuracy of my paper logbooks. I’ve only ever brought my paper books to an interview.

I haven't written in a paperlogbook since 2005 when I got my first airline job. The last line in my paper book is a PA44 flight from IWA to IWA!

Back