Electronic Logbook

I’m way too paranoid about having to go back to 135 flying to give up logging yet.

Plus it’s cool to have those first 121 trips into jnu and the first line check in the books.
Don't forget about the cool map feature that is automatically curated for you so you can post here at the end of the year showing all the places you've flown to 🤣

When I was printing my logbook prior to my Delta interview, I had a problem with the airports or tail numbers block (don't remember which) not being large enough. This was on the ProSoft Jepp format since I was using them for printing. I had always logged per day and some days at Pinnacle had 4-5 legs on 4-5 tails. I contacted Log Ten and they created a custom format based on the ProSoft for me. The turn around was really fast and I got exactly what I needed to make it look good.

ProSoft was great to work with and the people interviewing me at Delta were really impressed. This was early March 2020 under the old interview process.

Awesome, thanks! I'll contact them. The crazy amount of money I spend on the software should get something. I just don't understand why all the logbooks aren't scalable for certain fields. But I don't know programming either.

I did this, used "anytime logbooks". They are pretty navy centric (owner is a former tomcat pilot and markets mostly to us), but it was super easy and quick, and I have no doubt they could handle any type of logbook(s). It was $400 a few years ago to do my 4 books. Just used the turboscan app to scan all the pages (an app I might add that I have used so much since then for other things that it is silly I hadn't bought it before this). I'm sure there are plenty of others, but I was very satisfied with their customer service and efficiency.

I'm also terrible. Haven't logged a single 121 flight I've flown. I feel like maybe I should be doing this, but I have yet to ever remember to at the gate.
That's a lot of scanning! I wonder if there's an app to transpose the scans automatically to a spreadsheet.

I did this, used "anytime logbooks". They are pretty navy centric (owner is a former tomcat pilot and markets mostly to us), but it was super easy and quick, and I have no doubt they could handle any type of logbook(s). It was $400 a few years ago to do my 4 books. Just used the turboscan app to scan all the pages (an app I might add that I have used so much since then for other things that it is silly I hadn't bought it before this). I'm sure there are plenty of others, but I was very satisfied with their customer service and efficiency.

I'm also terrible. Haven't logged a single 121 flight I've flown. I feel like maybe I should be doing this, but I have yet to ever remember to at the gate.
Thanks! Sounds like a lot better option than sending my logbook off somewhere. If I was confident I’m hanging my hat here I probably wouldn’t be worried about keeping up with it. The company has the records anyway if you find you need them.

Thanks! Sounds like a lot better option than sending my logbook off somewhere. If I was confident I’m hanging my hat here I probably wouldn’t be worried about keeping up with it. The company has the records anyway if you find you need them.

That's my plan, but you never know. So I probably should be updating

What is your issue with Myflightbook? It works well. I've started moving my stuff over to it, since LogTen went to their subscription model, so the software i had once paid for no longer works. In my ways Myflightbook is the better of a few different programs I've used. Entered about 6500hrs in it so far, through import, then trying a few with the web interface, and the app interface, and now doing mass imports from the data I'm putting a CSV format that it will import, since 99% of my flights have the same fields entered, and keeping hands on the keyboard is much faster than clicking when you have 4.5 years of stuff to still enter :)

If it helps anyone out, here's the code I wrote to move an electronic logbook copy from one that was somewhat popular years ago. For being able to move data, ForeFlight is still probably your best choice, it exports in a format that is trivial for me (or anyone else) to write code to import into something else.

Back