Oh Tennessee

Was there a sexual assault on the floor of the statehouse?

I’m taking a courageous position, I’m against both sexual assault and disruption of legislative proceedings.

Oh god. I went through this same • with Todd.

Yes, it is against the TN house code of ethics to sexually assault someone, and it doesn’t have to be on the floor of the house.

Oh god. I went through this same • with Todd.

Yes, it is against the TN house code of ethics to sexually assault someone, and it doesn’t have to be on the floor of the house.

Have I suggested that those guilty of sexual assault shouldn’t enjoy the most severe criminal and civil sanctions?

I’m against a bunch of bad things. Should I include a list of bad things in case somebody changes the subject and wants to discuss other bad things?

I’m on the fence about cancer. I think it might be bad too.

Have I suggested that those guilty of sexual assault shouldn’t enjoy the most severe criminal and civil sanctions?

I’m against a bunch of bad things. Should I include a list of bad things in case somebody changes the subject and wants to discuss other bad things?

I’m on the fence about cancer. I think it might be bad too.

My comments aren’t directed at you, they’re pointing out the gross hypocrisy of the Tennessee legislature.

They’ve turned it into a clown show and act like a protest is the worst thing any of them have done.

My comments aren’t directed at you, they’re pointing out the gross hypocrisy of the Tennessee legislature.

They’ve turned it into a clown show and act like a protest is the worst thing any of them have done.

I think they are silly clowns, at best.

I try to be fair. The didn’t think the writer of the “chemtrail” story was especially fair.

I visit TN often but don’t follow TN politics closely. Didn’t the senator or congressman accused of harassing his intern resign a few hours after the investigatory committee released their findings? Sounds like the system worked, he didn’t get a pass from his Republican peers. Is there another recent case?

I think that TN legislators would bring back Jim Crow laws if they were better at history.

I visit TN often but don’t follow TN politics closely. Didn’t the senator or congressman accused of harassing his intern resign a few hours after the investigatory committee released their findings? Sounds like the system worked, he didn’t get a pass from his Republican peers. Is there another recent case?

You’re either grossly incorrect or unaware of Scotty Campbell.

The system did *not* work. A Republican-led ethics committee was sitting on abundant evidence of sexual misbehavior and allowed him to keep his seat and committee positions.

Their investigation leaked and was reported by the local news, that’s what led to his resignation.

But I was incorrect—this guy was just a serial harasser, not a rapist.

You’re either grossly incorrect or unaware of Scotty Campbell.

The system did *not* work. A Republican-led ethics committee was sitting on abundant evidence of sexual misbehavior and allowed him to keep his seat and committee positions.

Their investigation leaked and was reported by the local news, that’s what led to his resignation.

But I was incorrect—this guy was just a serial harasser, not a rapist.

I was referring to Campbell and did recall
the timeline incorrectly. The Republican led commitee wrote a damning report that leadership sat on for a few weeks.

He resigned within a few hours of it going public. I remembered that and missed how leadership sat on the report.

So, mixed bag as far as partisanship. The commitee got the facts right. Did they have an obligation to report to anybody other than the speaker of the House? That’s fishy.

Last edited:
the timeline incorrectly. The Republican led commitee wrote a damning report that leadership sat on for a few weeks.

He resigned within a few hours of it going public. I remembered that and missed how leadership sat on the report.

So, mixed bag as far as partisanship. The commitee got the facts right. Did they have an obligation to report to anybody other than the speaker of the House? That’s fishy.

The only reason this was released was because of a public records request—because one of the victims went to News Channel 5.

They were going to sit on it and let this creep who had seriously violated their ethics rules stay on committees.

The only reason this was released was because of a public records request—because one of the victims went to News Channel 5.

They were going to sit on it and let this creep who had seriously violated their ethics rules stay on committees.

Thanks for the correction.

I come and go to and from TN. I remembered the “resigned within hours” part and missed the catalyst.

Certainly a big difference between forced to resign as a result of timely release of report and being forced to resign as a result of FOI uncovering the report and additional coverage.

It doesn't matter if his own party disowned him, the Ds consider it a win and run with it while also circling the wagons.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNk8NBqCEN8

Back