MossY

I don’t even remember what was weird there…was he like a proto-influencer?

I suppose you could say he kind of was, but he was mainly an actual CFI. He had these online courses, and a lot of people on here did not approve of his teaching style as displayed in the training videos he made. I remember there was a huge thread making fun of him in 2014 but I can't find it so I guess it was deleted. Like with most internet pile-ons, it definitely seemed like MossY's critics were blowing it out of proportion a bit.

After that, someone made an account on here falsely claiming to be MossY, and complaining about the mean things people had said about him:

For some reason I don't remember him from here, but I remember him from the Cirrus videos, which were helpful when I was transitioning to the -20.

He was never an airline pilot, but he would find himself sitting in the back of a simulator with his leather flight jacket full of patches sewn on it and he would belittle airline crews on video while bragging about how he could do it better. A lot of the videos he posted were very bizarre. But clearly, he did a lot right if Delta wrote about him. He was also a NAFI Master CFI of the year.

I know we gave the poor guy hell over the years, but I learned today that @MossY passed away recently:

I really didn't know him at all but here's a story from Delta: A tribute to MossY: A Delta employee at heart
All I can find on the board is what follows, and what follows doesn't sound bad to me. Sounds pretty good, actually:

I hope I am posting this in the right area. The other post is locked and I cannot reply.

I was referred here by a friend. I had to register to read the comments, so I haven't had time to read through the whole thing. I would like to say that I am genuinely offended by some of the things I have read. While I am not perfect, I strive to become a better pilot and mentor everyday. Some of you seem pretty jaded and my enthusiasm for aviation seems to upset you. I am always looking for ways to improve myself, so I am no stranger to criticism, but some of the things expressed on this website are downright hurtful.

Everyday I strive to leave the aviation industry a better place than when I entered it.

MossY

All I can find on the board is what follows, and what follows doesn't sound bad to me. Sounds pretty good, actually:

I hope I am posting this in the right area. The other post is locked and I cannot reply.

I was referred here by a friend. I had to register to read the comments, so I haven't had time to read through the whole thing. I would like to say that I am genuinely offended by some of the things I have read. While I am not perfect, I strive to become a better pilot and mentor everyday. Some of you seem pretty jaded and my enthusiasm for aviation seems to upset you. I am always looking for ways to improve myself, so I am no stranger to criticism, but some of the things expressed on this website are downright hurtful.

Everyday I strive to leave the aviation industry a better place than when I entered it.

MossY
That was a fugazi.

MossY

That's not from the real MossY though, that was the troll who impersonated him.

Didn’t know if it stands for something or has some particular significance?
Originally I assumed it was an initials of a first or last name. But in instructional videos he introduced himself as “mossy,” so maybe not that?

Back