Oh Tennessee

Reminder that the morans in this same Tennessee House are currently pushing legislation to prevent reappointment of legislators who had been expelled from the representative body.

Last year the body expelled Representatives Justin Jones and Justin Pearson from Memphis and Nashville, respectively, for disruptive behavior when they joined a chant from the visitors’ gallery calling for a ban on assault weapons in the wake of a school shooting in Nashville.

In the case of an expulsion, local county Commissioners are to pick a replacement legislator. For both districts, the counties chose to send Jones and Pearson immediately back to the legislature, where their work resumed.

So my takeaway is that the Tennessee House is a partisan clown show.

Tennessee journalists are almost as bad as Tennessee politicians.

Did the legislators reference chemtrails? No, they are reacting to the approval of funding for geoengineering research. Of course, they did make COVID comparisons so they should continue to be ridiculed for that.

This legislation would certainly please nutty chemtrail conspiracy nuts but it would also please some environmentalists that have concerns about geoengineering.

I got into a little back and forth with an airline buddy who is a TN resident. He told me that it isn't nearly as bad as the "libtards in CA banning all gas cars" to which I asked, "So you think chemtrails are more real than electric cars?"

TN is a whole other level of looney...

I got into a little back and forth with an airline buddy who is a TN resident. He told me that it isn't nearly as bad as the "libtards in CA banning all gas cars" to which I asked, "So you think chemtrails are more real than electric cars?"

My coworkers are certainly “interesting”

I have a little horse farm in Western Tennessee, complete with a double-wide.

Eastern KY is downright progressive compared to Western TN.

The Tennessee legislature is currently trying to pass a law that makes it illegal for stores to sell cold/refrigerated beer.

EXpLaIn ThIs GrOoVy ClOuD cOnTrAiL tHeN

“Um, it’s called wind”

Be SmArTeR tHaN tHat

And here I thought this thread was going to be about the Vols very nearly folding to Texas yesterday....

Fun fact: these muppets in the TN legislature passed a bill effectively giving them control over the Nashville Airport.

Enjoy flying in there!

Reminder that the morans in this same Tennessee House are currently pushing legislation to prevent reappointment of legislators who had been expelled from the representative body.

Last year the body expelled Representatives Justin Jones and Justin Pearson from Memphis and Nashville, respectively, for disruptive behavior when they joined a chant from the visitors’ gallery calling for a ban on assault weapons in the wake of a school shooting in Nashville.

In the case of an expulsion, local county Commissioners are to pick a replacement legislator. For both districts, the counties chose to send Jones and Pearson immediately back to the legislature, where their work resumed.

The GOP majority Tennessee legislature also introduced a bill to legalize child brides in 2022.

Tennessee Bill Would Legalize Child Marriage in the State

As for State representative Justin Jones and Justin Pearson, the GOP legislature decided to be political. And focus on the fact that the shooter was transgender to politicize the shooting. The state reps were being "disruptive" because they wanted to call attention to the continued gun violence/school shootings in the country. And to end the distraction, demonization and polarization of that specific shooting because the shooter was LGBT.

Not to mention that due released secret recordings, its been shown the GOP majority expressing racist rhetoric about the two Democratic members of state Congress.

When you find yourself using a bullhorn on the floor of the statehouse, I don’t think you should be surprised if you are censored or expelled.

I support peaceful protests but disrupting legislative proceedings shouldn’t be allowed.

To date, I think this might be the only thing the TN House has done right in awhile.

When you find yourself using a bullhorn on the floor of the statehouse, I don’t think you should be surprised if you are censored or expelled.

I support peaceful protests but disrupting legislative proceedings shouldn’t be allowed.

To date, I think this might be the only thing the TN House has done right in awhile.

When you don’t expel sexual abusers, you don’t really have a leg to stand on when it comes to enforcing legislative decorum.

Back