Obama administration and user fees

Analyze high frequency areas. Sell a certain amount of "slots" into these areas to the highest bidders. During regulated times this wasn't really an issue because routes were regulated. This is a market based form of regulation into high density areas. Limit the supply and sell it. Then, pass on any user fees to passenger tickets. That is the quickest way to fund the shortfall with the least amount of work and spreading the financial pain to the greatest number of users - the paying public that demands to land at LGA/PHI/BOS/ORD etc at 7:00am M-F.

OMG! OMG! User fees! THE SKY IS FALLING!

You guys crack me up.

Pay double if you wish, I simply don't wish to. I'll pay for using something I'm not already paying for, no problem there; but I'm not going to throw my money to the govt for no reason..

...that'd be as smart as investing with Madoff.

I thought the proposal was an elimination of certain taxes that fund the FAA/NAS and to replace them with user fees -- in that case it wouldn't be paying double would it?

Personally, I'm sick of having to dodge the idiot beachcombers in SoCal everytime I go to SNA or LGB. If it takes taxation to get them out of the way, so be it.

Here is your motivation, and all anyone needs to know that there is no reasoning with you on this issue. :(

I thought the proposal was an elimination of certain taxes that fund the FAA/NAS and to replace them with user fees -- in that case it wouldn't be paying double would it?
That was the idea the last time the issue came up. But I don't see the fuel tax going away since the case could be made that because VFR aircraft are picked up on radar, they are "consuming" a resource and they too should pay.

So it might go away for JetA, but would stay for 100LL. That's my personal theory anyway.

Whether its been a republican or democrat administration in office they have been trying to access GA user fees forever; it won't pass anyways, so whats the big deal.

Whether its been a republican or democrat administration in office they have been trying to access GA user fees forever; it won't pass anyways, so whats the big deal.

The big deal is the fact that if you assume government won't do something, you can be assured they eventually will. :banghead:

Don't forget that unjust taxes were a primary motivator in the foundation of this country. Why should we be content to allow our government to levy taxes and fees that we find unjust, pointless, and less effective than the system already in place? Local representatives will listen to their constituents. Many of us feel passionately about this issue and I see no reason why we should leave the fight to the interest groups such as the AOPA and NBAA.

Never have, never will. :)

Thats what he is looking for! He wants to play big bad airline pilot over the internet.

He is out of his league on this one though...

Velo,

Do you realize how many foreign students there are training in the states right now?

At my school alone there were at one time 200 students pumping 50K a piece in the US economy. Thats $10,000,000 from one school, in one year.

Everyone in the world wants to come train in the US because we have the finest, cheapest GA system in the world. You want to put a stop to that?

We are not getting a free ride, in fact we are probably saving the airlines millions. How much do you think the price of Jet A would go up if there were not 10s of millions of gallons of avgas being sold each year?

Are you going to answer my questions or are you going to copy and paste, and take everything out of context? You could twist my words up soo much that you could eventually call me a scab. That's your specialty isnt it?

Go back to your silly little jumpseat wars.

This isn't purely a GA issue, OTP. Its a NAS usage issue. I guess since I'm a NAS user to the tune of 85 hours a month, I am qualified to comment on it.

Oh stop. Just like the Donny issues, you both fly airliners yet you felt it wasn't his place to talk about flying cargo with feet and hands.

Velo said:
Now would you care to explain why GA has the highest accident rate per 1000 hours flown of ANY sector of the U.S. flying community?

GA is a pretty broad term. The sheer sampling of airplane types is not explained in your generalization. Corporate jets, turboprop twins, turboprop singles, singles, multi piston, etc. all have their own set of stats.

Correct. And I don't apologize for it.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

So, your motivation is to get GA out of your way by effectively ending it? Tell me Velo, since when has GA really gotten in the way in a big way - I can think of Urbana, Ohio 1967 (TWA hit a Baron - mixed fault and let to the speed limits), PSA in San Diego in 1977 and Cerritos in the 80's with a Mexican airline and a warrior (AeroMexico?).

Truly - you seriously think all GA should be that restricted? Wow...would be a crappy world without GA.

With no GA, he wouldn't have to share his airline cockpit with lowly civilian trained pilots.

Truly - you seriously think all GA should be that restricted? Wow...would be a crappy world without GA.

But there is more important things to worry about Waco....

Do I wear the ALPA blue lanyard today, or the ALPA white one?

Back